• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Everybody who writes for a living knows that hitting .256/.349/.407 in 231 G and 993 PA isn't worth $27M and he's only on the hook for 5 more years with a full no trade.

You're just jealous you don't have him locked in at 5/$99 - every GM in the game would take that right now.

Fun facts, Werth was the fifth oldest player ever to get a $100 million+ contract - behind Aroid, Clifton Phifer, Kevin Brown and Pooholes.

Not really trolling...just answering a question.

Did you read the rest of his quotes? Maybe it's just me, but I thought he was somewhat dismissive about the team that finished four behind them in the standings last year.

What would your reaction be if Jason Heyward was quoted saying that he thought the Phillies were the Braves' biggest threat in the NL East?

(That was a weird sentence, does Jason Heyward ever say anything contraversal?)

You're just jealous you don't have him locked in at 5/$99 - every GM in the game would take that right now.

Fun facts, Werth was the fifth oldest player ever to get a $100 million+ contract - behind Aroid, Clifton Phifer, Kevin Brown and Pooholes.

Too funny.

Kevin Brown had all sorts of perks in the contract to go with the cash. They included private planes for he and his family, suites on the road and much more.

Besides the fact that he sucked, what really pissed people about his contract was that Brown is a Hall of Fame asshole to nearly everyone.

Put avalon in left over Delmon. She covers more ground and definitely has a better arm.

Right now he's projected to start the season on the DL. After that, probably depends on how the other guys are doing.

Put avalon in left over Delmon. She covers more ground and definitely has a better arm.

Tigers announcers seemed pretty convinced he was gonna be the everyday LF when healthy. IDK why they thought that seeing as how he wasn't the everyday left fielder for the Tigers who took the "fuck defense" approach.

Then again, I never really understood the move if he's going to the NL in the first place. Plus, he's only clutch in the postseason. Tigers all time postseason leader in HR, sadly.

Tigers announcers seemed pretty convinced he was gonna be the everyday LF when healthy. IDK why they thought that seeing as how he wasn't the everyday left fielder for the Tigers who took the "fuck defense" approach.

Then again, I never really understood the move if he's going to the NL in the first place. Plus, he's only clutch in the postseason. Tigers all time postseason leader in HR, sadly.

Rube actually said that, ideally, he would be the everyday right fielder. My hope is that other guys play well enough that they decide to drop him before all the random bonuses kick in, but I'd imagine he'll get a shot to start.

Also, the Phillies traded their only Jewish player who had a chance at making the major league roster this year. Coincidence???

George Springer just launched a 3-run HR against the Blue Jays. Delino Deshields Jr. follows it up with a bunt single, taking 2nd on wild pitch, thrown out trying to steal third.

PROSPECTZ. EXCITEMENT!

i loved springer out of the draft. huge power, quick twitch athlete, and good speed. just needed some polish and to see if he could get rid of some kinks in his swing. i really hoped his struggles his last year at uconn would drop him to one of the rays picks.

i loved springer out of the draft. huge power, quick twitch athlete, and good speed. just needed some polish and to see if he could get rid of some kinks in his swing. i really hoped his struggles his last year at uconn would drop him to one of the rays picks.

Still don't think he's ready, but today was fun. He K'd a shit load at AA last year

unhappy with your boy mahtook?

Back