• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Haha, is that true? Between that and the draft thing, the Angels sure are intent on teaching him a lesson!

or it's a shame the phils signed a shitty of who isn't that good of a hitter to a big league deal.

I don't know if you've heard, but he's not fat anymore, so he's probably going to win a gold glove.

Hahaha, Ruben apparently said this morning that Delmon Young will not play left field "under any circumstances," because he doesn't think Young is a good left fielder. He'll play right field instead.

I'm going to crawl under my desk and take a nap now.

Last edited:
Great logic....he can't play the easiest position in the OF. So the person with the worst arm the Phillies have had in decades should play a tougher position.

Hahaha, Ruben apparently said this morning that Delmon Young will not play left field "under any circumstances," because he doesn't think Young is a good left fielder. He'll play right field instead.

I'm going to crawl under my desk and take a nap now.

Why is Ruben talking about player positions instead of Charlie?

Because Charlie told Ruben to fuck off that he didn't want and wouldn't play Young.

"One source [...] tells Rosenthal that the Angels initially offered Trout a contract of more than $510K, but Trout did not accept it, and the Angels gave him the $510K contract as punishment. In any case, as Rosenthal suggests, the mini-controversy over Trout's 2013 salary will quickly vanish into history if the two sides can agree on a long-term deal. And, of course, salaries near the league minimum are routine for pre-arbitration eligible players, even spectacular ones."
No opinion, RJ?

I didn't see that.

I'd like to know who the source is. If it's an Angel's exec, I wouldn't believe it.

Yes agents lie, but what's wrong with a little negotiations?

If it is doing so for "punishment" is ridiculous, petty and may cost them more in the long term deal.

It's also routine to reward spectacular seasons as avalon showed.

I still think it was really stupid. Just like I think it's stupid to overpay scrubs.

Great logic....he can't play the easiest position in the OF. So the person with the worst arm the Phillies have had in decades should play a tougher position.

Juan Pierre, meet RJ. RJ, meet Juan Pierre.

Juan Pierre, meet RJ. RJ, meet Juan Pierre.

does Delmon have a shitty arm? I thought I remember him having a cannon back in the day, or was that Elijah I'mGoingToKillYourEntireFamily Dukes?

they both had good arms. i think delmon's has gone downhill significantly, but it still isn't damon/pierre quality.

Mariano Rivera retiring after this year. Will he get presents everywhere the team plays like Chipper??

Mariano Rivera retiring after this year. Will he get presents everywhere the team plays like Chipper??

Yankees are more hated than Braves, but Rivera is one of the (if not the) best closers of all time (though the concept of closer is new and somewhat artificial), so he deserves some love.

What happens to his number? Can the Yanks have two #42s retired, one for Mo and one for Jackie?

Watching Mariano Rivera's press conference... only Mo can make the Yankees seem likable.

Forget the presents he'll receive, he apparently wants to find fans at each ballpark to thank. I have no idea what that means, but it seems nice.

Yankees are more hated than Braves, but Rivera is one of the (if not the) best closers of all time (though the concept of closer is new and somewhat artificial), so he deserves some love.

What happens to his number? Can the Yanks have two #42s retired, one for Mo and one for Jackie?

I'm sure that's exactly what they will do.

He got most of that one :)

did that hit the roof outside the stadium?

Back