• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Even though I loved watching the scrappy Mavs beat the Lakers last night I am worried about them sustaining that. Utah on a back to back will be a good test tonight

Lol at Rondo's shoes last night:

6u6u4epe.jpg

nba tv toniight:

spurs hornets at 8
lakers-portland 1030

Lakers always get thumped at the rose garden. I wouldn't expect tonight to be any different.

Portland has a long road ahead, but DLil is going to make folks forget Brandon Roy pretty quickly, methinks.

Oh boy. It's Rockets day. Can't wait to watch the Donuts Asik front court. Donuts and Terrence Jones could both turn into productive rookies if the preseason and summer has been any indication.

what are your thoughts on patrick patterson this year? they've got him slated as the starter for now, i've got him on my fantasy squad. seems like a solid but limited ceiling guy.

what are your thoughts on patrick patterson this year? they've got him slated as the starter for now, i've got him on my fantasy squad. seems like a solid but limited ceiling guy.

I see him performing similarly to Glen Davis or Brandon Bass in terms of fantasy. He's not going to be a very good fantasy player (mid-level FG% and he's never been a great rebounder), but he'll give you points, rebounds, the occasional block or steal, and likely won't dent your FT% too bad.

I like him as a starter, though. I think he's a high-IQ player with a legit inside-outside skill-set who can score in a couple of different ways out of the pick-and-roll with a PG that really thrives out of the pick-and-roll. He's also a better than average defender, which will be a step up from Scola, IMO.

I don't know if you young'ns remember this, but Patterson had Wake in his final 2-3 schools I think before selecting UK

I remember the Patrick Patterson recruitment. What a nasty class that would have been (JJ, Teague, PP, Gary Clark). I remember him saying it was important to him that the coach didn't get fired, and Tubby got fired in the middle of his recruitment for Gillispie and he still went to UK anyway.

Back