• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

My main man CWEBB in on there at just under 75%. Suck on that, RJ.

Reggie Miller had a 6% chance according to that website. I would take that percentage with a grain of salt. Michael Ray Richardson had a higher probability of making the HOF. :laugh:

Updated Playoff Pos Pool standings after the conference semis:

1. toughlovedeac - 48
2. rjkarl - 46
T3. bdz - 42
T3. numbers - 42
5. shooshmoo - 40
6. truifh0 - 39
7. cdeacman - 38
T8. appetite - 35
T8. jaybone - 35
T8. palma - 35
11. FYC - 30
12. buckets - 29
13. wakesquirrel - 28
14. bmoney - 27
15. texasdeac - 25
T16. TITSWF - 24
T16. cumberland - 24
18. isledeac - 23
19. redsoxfaithful - 21

My problem was not being prescient enough to know Westbrook would be hurt. I'll fall a few places after this round.

Reggie Miller had a 6% chance according to that website. I would take that percentage with a grain of salt. Michael Ray Richardson had a higher probability of making the HOF. :laugh:

The Derek Fisher higher than Ralph Sampson thing stood out to me in terms of "Math! Not always the answer"

Looking back at the top five in the standings, toughlove is going to win if the Griz make it to the Finals. If the Spurs make quick work, it's all down to how quickly the Heat take care of business.

Former D-League badass and perennial *prospect who's gonna break out* Terrence Williams has apparently been arrested in Kent, Washington for making threats with a gun.

If Manu retires and Houston keeps Parsons and Beverly, the two teams have about the amount under the cap.

If Manu retires and Houston keeps Parsons and Beverly, the two teams have about the amount under the cap.

Rockets have far more flexibility though, with Team Options on Garcia, Delfino, Brooks, Anderson, and Ohlbrecht. Garcia and Delfino are sure bets to be gone, since Delfino is injured and Garcia is overpaid.

Boris Diaw has a player option, which he'll surely pick up.

I'm not sure why any of this matters though.

Saw that earlier... doesn't seem to say anything genuinely new, except that Da-wight's inside people can rattle off all the bullet points that Rockets fans have been prattling on about for the past year.

I'm still pessimistic about the whole thing, and even if he DID want to go to the Rockets, I'd have some serious worries about the team. Not so much from a talent/ability standpoint, but from a maturity standpoint. Harden/Parsons/Lin/Howard would do some unbelievably immature shit. It's the ultimate happy-go-lucky bro group.

Edit: Two other things about that CBS report sounding like half made-up BS. (1) Kevin McHale as a defensive-minded coach? WHAT? Kelvin Sampson was the Rockets' "defensive architect" last year, and the defense was pretty shitty anytime Omer Asik wasn't on the floor. (2) The thought of Dwight and Asik sharing the floor is lol-worthy. Can you imagine the spacing problems? If Dwight really thinks he wants to share the floor with Asik, then he's envisioning himself as an offensive player who doesn't want to work on the defensive end. It's hard to imagine a worse role for Dwight.

I don't think the Rockets will have any problems trading Asik, and jesus jimminy christmas I didn't realize the Spurs cap situation was so fantastic. That Jefferson/SJax trade really made the Spurs next year and fucks the Warriors next year.

Spurs are obviously getting Redick, and I think the Spurs will beat the Heat this year. LBJ has no one to guard, so the Heat waste their defensive ace, and Miami has no one to deal with Parker at all. Cole? Chalmers? These spurs have won 3 titles and know how to do it, know its one of their last shots and Pop is going to abuse Spo and Duncan is going to overtake Kobe.

Last edited:
Speaking of which Pop cutting SJax a week before the playoffs started is one of the boldest, smartest and most underrated moves I've ever seen. It's given Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard the confidence they'll need to beat the Heat. Those 2 guys just got Pop's endorsement from that move.

Yea, if they dealt Asik, they'd end up with a bunch of cap room to use in 2015 as well.

Asik only has 2 years left on his deal, and that alone makes him valuable to someone (nevermind that he's a great player on the defensive end). Teams always love to upgrade without wrecking their long term cap picture.

I'd like to see Asik on the Cavs. Plenty of cap room and could really use a real center.

Speaking of which Pop cutting SJax a week before the playoffs started is one of the boldest, smartest and most underrated moves I've ever seen. It's given Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard the confidence they'll need to beat the Heat. Those 2 guys just got Pop's endorsement from that move.

Don't get too far ahead of yourself. You watch. Kawahi sits out Tuesday due to his knee and McGrady starts.

Not interested in next year right now buy the hawks would take asik.

Anybody notice that former players association president billy hunter has sued Derek fisher for defamation? And caused him of calluding with owners behind his back? Fisher is such a huge prick

Wait, are there two different point bonuses possible? Or do you get the bonus only if you pick games and matchup perfectly? Because if latter is the case, I think only jaybone has a chance to catch TL.

"Spurs are obviously getting Redick, "

If the Spurs are going after a no d shooter, they could sign Kyle Korver for less money and he's a better spot up shooter than JJ.

They also have two potential players stashed in Europe. Erazem Lorbek. He's a 29 yo, 6'11, PF/C who is the highest paid player in the Spanish league. The other is 20 yo, SF, 6'10 long range shooting, Latvian Davis Bertrans who is coming to the US for the summer. At the Nike Hoop Summit a couple of years ago, some said he was the best shooting big man at the event since Dirk. He shot about 45% this year on threes.

It looks like they are very, very interested in seeing if Bertrans will make the team next year.

Back