• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Carolina Panthers Thread (Cam's broken legs >>> RG3's knees)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 or 6 make most NFL rosters. Gettis isn't taking up a roster spot until after week 6. So...

1. Smitty
2. LaFell
3. Murphy
4. Up for grabs possibly.
5. Adams (PR)
6. Pilares (KR)

Once Gettis gets off the PUP expect us to cut WR #4 if we do carry one while we wait on Gettis.

Gotcha. I was assuming we were going with 5 + Gettis. Makes sense to keep on a 4th because we can. Just doesn't make sense for that to be anybody currently on the roster. Somebody has to be getting let go who could fill that #4 spot better.

Deion Branch got let go today because of the Pats embarrassment of receiving riches.

That's a good point and he is 33. I guess the question is although Branch would undoubtedly be better for 1 year than Armanti or a wildcard like Jared Green, would the production be enough to justify cutting ties with a young guy you might put hope in. I think Green in particular has a chance to be good one day, but we still have the option of throwing him on the PS... which we can't do with Edwards.

Personally, I don't have much hope for Edwards at this point and wouldn't be opposed to rolling with those 5 WRs while we wait on Gettis, especially if we can use the roster spot on someone at another position with upside potential.

Sometimes I wish those Michigan guys hadn't smoked so much weed.

Have to be bringing in more corner help if we cut both Butler and Stanford.

C'mon down, Phonz.

@josephperson
Per league source, 3rd-year WR Armanti Edwards will survive the cut and make the Panthers' roster.

@josephperson
Undrafted RBs Tauren Poole and Armond Smith, a day after carrying the load at Pittsburgh, have been cut, according to a source.

Blah about Armanti. Stay of execution. Surprised Poole got cut... sure they will try to stash him on the PS.

Panthers cut 3rd round pick from 2011 DT Terrell McClain. Signed FA DT Dwan Edwards, slated to start next to Ron Edwards.

Last edited:
I'm not die hard enough to know much about midlevel DTs, but it looks like he is a 31 yo long time starter for the Ravens and Bills, earned a nice contract, and got cut by the Bills because he had a non-guaranteed 18 million for 2 years and the Bills have lots of DT depth. I would guess he is better than our other DTs outside of Ron Edwards... especially until Neblett comes back from his 4 game suspension.

Keep a useless Armanti Edwards and cut a young guy with promise at a position of need..... good job Hurney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back