• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 MLB POSTSEASON THREAD

So having a glove on my hand, holding a bat and wishing and not wishing balls were hit to me is what will win me the world series? Got it.

Now, if I can pair that with some Orioles Magic I will be set.

Sorry, maybe ya'll didn't deserve that. Maybe you did. I get a little wired up this time of year.

-blue

I wonder if a batter in the playoffs hitting about .300 in the playoffs, hitting .500 against the pitcher he's facing, who is a first ballot HOFer has been pinched hit for by one of two guys who are in deep slumps, who were benched because of their hitting.

I bet the answer the answer to this situation is no.

I wonder if a batter in the playoffs hitting about .300 in the playoffs, hitting .500 against the pitcher he's facing, who is a first ballot HOFer has been pinched hit for by one of two guys who are in deep slumps, who were benched because of their hitting.

I bet the answer the answer to this situation is no.
So all I have to find is a first ballot HOF pitcher that is 1/3 in the playoffs, 1/2 against the current pitcher and then got pinch hit for? Seems a bit specific but not unrealistic.

But seriously, what if Jim Thome was in that situation this year? Possible first round HOF, and just has to be 1/3 in the playoffs and 1/2 against the current pitcher.

Considering Thome is batting .179 against lefties, probably would be a good call to pinch hit for him given the situation.

A minor switch over .500 OBP....Ichiro is not from 3 ABs it's for two series. Make it Ichiro's current playoff stats, plus his historical stats against Coke. That's the minimum.

And being replaced by players who have batted even 50% as many times in the same postseason as Swisher and A-rod.

On a Tuesday, with a temperature between 55-58 degrees, and wind pattern of NE no less than 5 mph nor greater than 8...

Find me a similar situation. A guy going 1/3 in the playoffs is not the same as a starter.

The reason you are putting this on me is that this has likely never happened in baseball playoff history. Just because a computer geek thinks it might work, doesn't show those who actually know the game would ever do it.

If it's such a good move, why hasn't it been done?

twice!

edit: Did bluefish erase his posts? Now my post makes no sense.

I only meant to erase one, but somehow I rubbed out both. Damn. Get some mod to bring it back.

Of course, had I not double-entered it, there would have been no need to erase. I guess I am still learning to navigate this site.

Oh, and it didn't come out of right field, as the expression goes, but out of second base. When Holliday creamed Scutaro, it was personal for me. Everyone loves shortstops, but they get to see the cars coming at them.

-blue

Last edited:
Just got back from being out of town. Watched the O's yanks game in NYC on Friday which was a great time, until we lost. But it was a magic season, I've got no complaints.. We just ran in to CC Sabathia.

So glad the Tigs are going to sweep the Yanks. I hope the Yanks try to get the band back together one more time next year. They suck. Its funny being in NY and hearing the attitude of all their "fans". I would say roughly 40% of Yankees fans are actually rooting for them to lose, just because "they're a bunch of bums."

Oh, this is great: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/rod_plays_field_3CyBvCsO66Fugdu1bvXCLP

“I watched him flirt with two admittedly very cute young women nearby,’’ the witness said. Instead of rooting on his teammates as they struggled to stay alive during the tense game at Yankee Stadium, A-Rod, 37, had a ball boy toss the young women a baseball inscribed with a message asking for their numbers.

Not at all. Of all the hitters on the Yankees no one who was available had better numbers versus Coke than Ichiro did.

Then you add speed and base running and the stats become even more stilted.

BOTH A-ROD AND SWISHER WERE 3/4 AGAINST HIM.

And in this case you have two generics who are so bad they got taken out the line-up in the playoffs.

Pinch-hitting for Ichiro is great for people who aren't playing.

you fucking moron ichiro is older than swisher and arod and had a much worse offensive year.

I only meant to erase one, but somehow I rubbed out both. Damn. Get some mod to bring it back.

Of course, had I not double-entered it, there would have been no need to erase. I guess I am still learning to navigate this site.

Oh, and it didn't come out of right field, as the expression goes, but out of second base. When Holliday creamed Scutaro, it was personal for me. Everyone loves shortstops, but they get to see the cars coming at them.

-blue

Too bad, I love a good rant. Though I'm not sure how we nerds caught the ire for Holliday's dirty slide.

I :heart: Posnanski.

Thank you, avalon. For you, I would try to recreate it, but somehow the passion has left me. It's a transitory thing. However, it was not anything to do with the dirty slide that sent me off. It was the nerdness, the stat-oriented cybermetric fantasy crap. See, avalon, and dawg too, I'm doing it again--just being nicer this time. It's a transitory thing.

--blue

Back