• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - That was great.

Peyton Siva will make an NBA roster. Dude can straight up ball. That's it. No really remarkable skills, but he can just kinda go all out and make something happen

Been on the road all evening, so I know I'm late the party.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK HORCATS? YOU HAD NOEL AND THE TANK HANDED TO YOU AND YOU TOOK A FUCKING ZELLER BROTHER. I MEAN YOU'RE STILL GONNA SUCK DICK NEXT YEAR, BUT INSTEAD OF THE POTENTIAL OF NERLINS YOU HAVE A MOTHER FUCKER WHO CAN MAYBE AVERAGE 8 AND 5 IN THIS LEAGUE. FUCK YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE THE HORNETS. JUST STAY THE BOBCATS AND KEEP BEING THE LOSERS YOU ARE.

Celtics with the steal of the decade. Jesus Christ, how stupid can the Nets be? 3 1st rounders for a couple guys who will retire in 1 or 2 years. As a Celts fan, I LOVE YOU, BILLY KING!

Been on the road all eveneing, so I know I'm late the party.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK HORCATS. YOU HAD NOEL AND THE TANK HANDED TO YOU AND YOU TOOK A FUCKING ZRLLER BROTHER. I MEAN YOU'RE STILL GONNA DICK NEXT YEAR, BUT INSTEAD OF THE POTENTIAL OF NERLINS YOU HAVE A MOTHER FUCKER WHO CAN MAKYBE AVERAGE 8 AND 5 IN THIS LEAGUE. FUCK YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE THE HORNETS. JUST STAY THE BOBCATS AND KEEP BEING THE LOSERS YOU ARE.

Yep...agreed.

I feel like summer league games this year will be interesting. There are a lot of good undrafted names that will undoubtedly fill up the rosters in the summer league. Add into that the people that got drafted too and that is some good basketball right there

Last edited:
Just having a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept, "What happens if we trade down and Zeller is gone?" Who cares? In a draft with this much mid-round quality, you cannot be worried about the risk of a guy like that getting taken at 5. Too many other options to go with that would be cheaper.

Compare Zeller to other historic fourth overall picks. I don't think he'll stack up favorably. Top five guys have to be dynamite. As someone else noted, Zeller is already closer to his ceiling than so many others in this draft.

My guess, he'll be remarkably average. But we shall see.

If Zeller really has the jumper teams saw in his workouts -- including the Horncats, obviously -- he'll more than prove his worth as the 4th guy in this draft. Time will tell. But name the player whose hole in their game was smaller than Zeller's in this top 10? Seriously. Who was the clear better choice? Which guy drafted 5-10 is more likely to overcome their blind spot than Zeller, a notorious hard worker and high character guy? This is all just hypothesizing, but the Horncats at least got a guy who has gotten it done at the highest level pre-NBA. I like his chances to grow into a Bosh-like 4.

If Noel was so great, why did 6 other lottery teams also pass on him? You really think Len is a clear better choice, a guy that never made any of the three All-ACC teams? Based on what?

ETA: As we discussed this morning, there were multiple reports that Zeller was a fast riser in the last few days, and that, barring the Horncats pick, he might have gone as high as 5 to Phoenix, and would not have slipped past Philly at 11 (who also preferred him to Noel and Len). He's not the reach some are claiming.

Last edited:
So is Bill Simmons going to write a retroactive draft diary? Would enjoy seeing what he wrote about that Doc Rivers moment.

Celtics with the steal of the decade. Jesus Christ, how stupid can the Nets be? 3 1st rounders for a couple guys who will retire in 1 or 2 years. As a Celts fan, I LOVE YOU, BILLY KING!

You forgot to mention Gerald Wallace, his $30M contract, and his 7.7 PPG.

I feel like summer league games this year will be interesting. There are a lot of good undrafted names that will undoubtedly fill up the rosters in the summer league. Add into that the people that got drafted too and that is some good basketball right there

I think so too. I think last year was one of the best summer league's that I can remember, but I think this year will be a lot of fun too.

If Zeller really has the jumper teams saw in his workouts -- including the Horncats, obviously -- he'll more than prove his worth as the 4th guy in this draft. Time will tell. But name the player whose hole in their game was smaller than Zeller's in this top 10? Seriously. Who was the clear better choice? Which guy drafted 5-10 is more likely to overcome their blind spot than Zeller, a notorious hard worker and high character guy? This is all just hypothesizing, but the Horncats at least got a guy who has gotten it done at the highest level pre-NBA. I like his chances to grow into a Bosh-like 4.

If Noel was so great, why did 6 other lottery teams also pass on him? You really think Len is a clear better choice, a guy that never made any of the three All-ACC teams? Based on what?

Agree on Len. Watching him at the ACC tournament, I couldn't have ever dreamed he'd be talked about as a potential overall #1.

Hey, you may be right. I just fear that the Bobcats have reached this place of perpetual mediocrity, and this pick sort of fits right in with that tendency. Was looking for them to swing for the fences (which a tank strategy with a high-upside Noel represents), rather than hit another double. This team is forever stuck at second base.

At least when we mightily underachieved, we had 3 1st round picks. State can't even do that.

No one has to worry about the Horcats winning too many games next year after this Zeller pick. Methinks we'll have about as many ping pong balls as anyone again next year. #Wiggins #LastHope #Hornets #NewCommish #NewLuck #NoMoreBobcats

Back