• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - That was great.

The C's problem is with Rondo and Jeff Green and even Wallace and his bad contract they aren't going to be bad enough.... outside of playoffs but also probably outside of the top 10 in the lotto. The level of sheer tanking sucktitide that the bottom 6 or so teams in the league show next year is going to be embarrassing. #TankHorcatsTank

Does CJ Harris make a summer league roster for a game or two? He has the skills and with better players around, he could prove useful

I think he makes a summer league roster at least. He got an interview with the Nuggets....that's close enough to land a chance IMO.

It's a fine trade. Nets want to go for it now (it won't happen with that core) and Boston will wait to rebuild (nothing guaranteed).

seriously. win-win situation. It sucks that the Celtics are tanking (does it really...?) but people do that sometimes. At least they have Rondo and the recruiting power that comes with being the Boston Celtics

ok you guys need to calm down on Noel. no one wanted him for a reason. he's an injury prone, weak ass defensive 5 who can't score. period. just because draft experts thought he should go #1 doesn't mean shit. he never should have been considered the best player in this draft and it showed tonight.

Meh people didn't want him because he was an asshole to agents who are "inside" the game so he paid a price of it. Noel is gonna be a good pro.

3 worthless picks? How the hell do you know what the Nets will be in 3 or 4 years? Garnett and Pierce will be retired, Deron and/or Johnson will also likely be out the door. 2016 and 2018 have the potential to be lottery picks. For a 35 and 37 year old, shit, I'll take that trade in a heartbeat. And yeah, Wallace's contract sucks, but the Celtics are gonna be fielding a lot of rookie/smaller contracts the next 2 or 3 seasons. Celts are thinking long term and I can dig it. Now, if they go out and sign Josh Smith, then I don't know what the hell their plan is.
I sincerely doubt that a team willing to spend that much money is just going to flounder when it's stars contracts run out, especially now that its an attractive spot for FA. If they were willing to trade away so many future picks I imagine their strategy involves spending to win, which virtually insures that those picks will be mid 1st at best

Last edited:
The C's problem is with Rondo and Jeff Green and even Wallace and his bad contract they aren't going to be bad enough.... outside of playoffs but also probably outside of the top 10 in the lotto. The level of sheer tanking sucktitide that the bottom 6 or so teams in the league show next year is going to be embarrassing. #TankHorcatsTank

Totally agree with this. To be bottom five, you're going to have to work for it. Hard.

I think he makes a summer league roster at least. He got an interview with the Nuggets....that's close enough to land a chance IMO.

I could see him playing next to Ty Lawson as an undersized 2. His man sags off to check Lawson as he runs through the paint and gives CJ the space that he needs to do something useful

seriously. win-win situation. It sucks that the Celtics are tanking (does it really...?) but people do that sometimes. At least they have Rondo and the recruiting power that comes with being the Boston Celtics

Yeah I mean....I think it's obvious the Celtics are bombing, but with Rondo that's gonna be weird.

I love that CJ has at least a chance.

Meh people didn't want him because he was an asshole to agents who are "inside" the game so he paid a price of it. Noel is gonna be a good pro.

Six teams didn't pass on a possible franchise center because he was mean to agents. Knee. No offensive skills. Character. Whatever. But it wasn't to appease agents.

And I disagree. Of the Zeller, Len, and Noel, I'll bet on Zeller having the best NBA career without blinking. He's actually produced at a high level, and still has a stretch game to grow. With Bennett off the board, he was the right big to pick, pre-conditioned media-fed assumptions aside. IMO.

This is what blind fanhood reads like.

Rondo may not play a portion of next season though. From interviews I've seen, he's definitely taking Rose-like caution with the injury. Celts also certainly won't rush him back considering what they're trying to do. But yeah, you're right, they're still not in the cellar. I think they could possibly squeak into the top 10 next year if they take the all-out tank approach.

Meh...we'll see. Zeller has a higher bust potential than Noel.

Gotta disagree, but they aren't really comparable players. Zeller is going to be a scoring 4 while Noel will be a defensive 5. In any case, Noel made no sense for the Bobcats, given their roster/needs. Personally, I hope they both succeed. They seem like good kids.

Yeah I mean....I think it's obvious the Celtics are bombing, but with Rondo that's gonna be weird.

I love that CJ has at least a chance.

I mean, rondo tore his ACL like 5 months ago. They'll probably bring him back extra special carefully slowly.

The Bobcats didn't need Noel anyway. They have that player already and his name is Bismack Biyombo

It is kinda weird that kidd is only a couple years older than pierce and kg

Back