• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014 Midterm Election Discussion Thread

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
Call me a dork but I this is the time I get excited. Nothing better than the next 24 hours...Election Day! What network will you be watching tomorrow? I will probably flip between CNN, FOX and MSNBC (in that order).

Had not thought about PBS...not a bad option. I like Ifill and Woodruff. Never watched their coverage before. Do they do a lot of analysis or do they just report?

They have a few pundits that you've probably heard on NPR. No more than 2 or 3 at a time if I remember correctly.

I like to jump around to MSNBC and Fox when big events happen to get the "take" from both sides but CNN has the best overall setup IMO and I think it's pretty non-partisan.

CNN isn't "non-partisan." They just have a ton of partisans.

Yeah. They may as well have a seesaw with 1000 pounds of Dems and 1000 pounds of Pubs on either side.

That is my main problem with CNN. Too many voices at once. Gets very noisy.

Had not thought about PBS...not a bad option. I like Ifill and Woodruff. Never watched their coverage before. Do they do a lot of analysis or do they just report?

Ifill gave the commencement address in 2013. I like her.

I like to jump around to MSNBC and Fox when big events happen to get the "take" from both sides but CNN has the best overall setup IMO and I think it's pretty non-partisan.

This was so fun in 2012. Then Rove just made it all sad.

hell-yeah-voting.gif

This is the first election cycle I remember in which people are talking more about the aftermath than the results. No drama. It doesn't seem like there's any real pushback to the predictions. Also nothing will really change and things will most likely go back to the way they are now in two years anyway.

Agreed. I mean there's almost no chance the GOP can retain the Senate in 2016 especially with a national election on the top of the ticket.

Well I said on the other thread I had never been canvassed and then I'm standing at the T stop to go to work and Joe Kennedy is standing there shaking hands and telling everyone to vote. Got a donut from him and he said he was happier I voted in NC than in Massachusetts given the Senate race down there haha. Cool start to the day though.

Back