• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 BRACKETOLOGY THREAD !

No idea how to pick the East bracket. Kinda want to say No Iowa vs. Mich St in the Elite 8.

I wonder if the Selection Committee was trying to screw with UNC by matching them with Harvard.

Stop me if you've heard this before, but the ESPN talking heads panel picked all four 1 seeds to reach the FF and picked the top overall seed to win it.

UVA is such a damn question. They could lose to Michigan St or go all the way to the final. I'm thinking the former.

UVA is such a damn question. They could lose to Michigan St or go all the way to the final. I'm thinking the former.

Yeah. Mich St is a very efficient offense and is used to playing a slow tempo. With a limited Anderson that game's a toss up, leaning toward Sparty IMO.

I found it interesting that three of the #1 seeds won both their regular season conference title AND their conference tourney. One of the #1 seeds won neither.

Speaking of John Wooden's 10 NCAA Championships, here is a trivia question for you:

In UCLA's 20 Final Four games when they won those 10 titles, UCLA only trailed at the half in one game. What year and which opponent was it against?

NM

No idea how to pick the East bracket. Kinda want to say No Iowa vs. Mich St in the Elite 8.

Me too. Nova is good but I'm not sold on them, mostly because the rest of their conference is pretty meh. And I have less faith in UVA once I saw how far away Anderson is. I think I had Mich St over them last year, and I'm thinking about that again. Anderson's conditioning and athleticism should gradually improve from the appendectomy, but if he has the heavy duty wrap as opposed to just taping the fingers together, I don't see how he's gonna shoot the ball well. I'm considering both No Iowa and Mich St for some long runs.

Stop me if you've heard this before, but the ESPN talking heads panel picked all four 1 seeds to reach the FF and picked the top overall seed to win it.

If you figure the usual situation is 2 #1s make it to the final-4, who do y'all have as the most likely 2 to make it, and who do y'all have as the 2 most likely non-#1s to make it? I have Ky and Wisc as the 2 most likely to make it and Iowa St as the most likely non-#1. Looking at the East, maybe the Mich St/UVA winner. Mich St is definitely the most likely low seed to pull it off.

If you figure the usual situation is 2 #1s make it to the final-4, who do y'all have as the most likely 2 to make it, and who do y'all have as the 2 most likely non-#1s to make it? I have Ky and Wisc as the 2 most likely to make it and Iowa St as the most likely non-#1. Looking at the East, maybe the Mich St/UVA winner. Mich St is definitely the most likely low seed to pull it off.

Not sure who I'd pair with Kentucky as most likely to make it. Duke and Villanova both seem like teams that could go cold and get tripped up before the final four. But even if Wisconsin is better and more prepared than the other two, Arizona is the best non-#1 team in the tournament. I'll say Kentucky and Villanova as the 2 most likely #1s to make it and Arizona most likely non-#1 to make it.

Side note but probably not worthy of its own thread - I thought the Laettner 30 for 30 last night was one of the weaker ones that I've seen in the series. The script/storytelling was all over the place and I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know (he was cocky, white, went to Duke, and most of all won a ton of games).

Side note but probably not worthy of its own thread - I thought the Laettner 30 for 30 last night was one of the weaker ones that I've seen in the series. The script/storytelling was all over the place and I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know (he was cocky, white, went to Duke, and most of all won a ton of games).

Agree that 30 was far below par -- worst I've seen. What a compelling structural device: trite labels on a pitchfork with 2 extra tines.

Back