• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 BRACKETOLOGY THREAD !

yeah that was a real brawl. not your standard basketball slap fight.

Some value picks to win in your bracket:

Arizona - 12% per Vegas, only getting picked to win 5.5% of ESPN brackets
Nova- 7% or so per Vegas, only getting picked to win 2.8% of ESPN brackets
UVa-6% or so per Vegas, only getting picked to win 3.4% of ESPN brackets

If you work for a huge company (500-1000 people or something in a pool) Utah is a good one. Vegas has them as a solid 40-50 to 1 or so and only getting picked to win 0.2% (1 in 500 brackets).

Stephen F Austin is a popular upset pick. Nothing worse than your winner losing in first round.

Ashley Judd was just on MSNBC talking about her bracket. The Vitale kissing picture comes up, and the host says: "Now Ashley, I know you love dick." Hilarious

A few random thoughts:

Who do you pick between a team that's overachieved all season (Butler) and a team that's underachieved all season (Texas)?

Who do you pick between two poorly coached teams (LSU and NC State) that have been inconsistent all season?

There are three small schools that I've seen play and that I would have liked to pick (Texas Southern, Valpo, and Eastern Washington) but all three have very tough draws. Texas So. isn't beating Zona and while Eastern Washington can really score, Georgetown's length and athleticism will give them trouble. I also think that EWU's win at Indiana gives them enough notoriety that GTown won't take them lightly, especially since GTown needed OT to beat Indiana on a neutral court. Valpo may have the best chance of the three to get a win. I like Maryland and think they will go to the sweet 16 but Valpo is very experienced, has decent size, is 28-5, crushed Murray St., and won a ton of game in an underrated conference. I see Valpo as a very tough out that will make the Terps work hard to advance.

Some value picks to win in your bracket:

Arizona - 12% per Vegas, only getting picked to win 5.5% of ESPN brackets
Nova- 7% or so per Vegas, only getting picked to win 2.8% of ESPN brackets
UVa-6% or so per Vegas, only getting picked to win 3.4% of ESPN brackets

If you work for a huge company (500-1000 people or something in a pool) Utah is a good one. Vegas has them as a solid 40-50 to 1 or so and only getting picked to win 0.2% (1 in 500 brackets).

Where are you seeing the % of people picking each team?

Stephen F Austin is a popular upset pick. Nothing worse than your winner losing in first round.

I was tempted to take SFA against Utah, but I think they already cashed out on the surprise factor they had last year when they upset VCU. I would imagine that Utah is going to be seeing a lot of that game film this week. Still, I think they are the most appealing choice for the 5-12 upset.

I was tempted to take SFA against Utah, but I think they already cashed out on the surprise factor they had last year when they upset VCU. I would imagine that Utah is going to be seeing a lot of that game film this week. Still, I think they are the most appealing choice for the 5-12 upset.

I believe that it was Seth Davis that, during the bracket selection show, said he believed that SFA could easily be a Sweet 16 team.

I believe that it was Seth Davis that, during the bracket selection show, said he believed that SFA could easily be a Sweet 16 team.

Just looked at their schedule and didn't realize that they've been having such a good season. Their only loses are to UNI (in OT), Xavier, Baylor, and TAMU-CC. Definitely need to rethink that pick.

SFA is good but brutal draw. They could have easily been +2 or +3 only against some of the weak 4-5s but Utah is a brutal draw so they are +6.5 in round 1. Still could win obv

I did enjoy Jay Bilas stating in his predictions that Nova's BPI (6th) indicated it wasn't 1-seed material and subsequently not mentioning in the South section that Duke was 7th and proceeds to pick them to get to the Nat'l Champ game.

I think Nova is a bad matchup for UVA. I think NCSU/LSU could present challenges in the 2nd round. If they get out of the first weekend I think they win the East.

I did enjoy Jay Bilas stating in his predictions that Nova's BPI (6th) indicated it wasn't 1-seed material and subsequently not mentioning in the South section that Duke was 7th and proceeds to pick them to get to the Nat'l Champ game.

I think Nova is a bad matchup for UVA. I think NCSU/LSU could present challenges in the 2nd round. If they get out of the first weekend I think they win the East.

Michigan state is a really bad matchup for UVA.

Michigan state is a really bad matchup for UVA.

Not sure I agree with that. When a favorite plays a team that beat them the year before, the favorite has the edge. Also, while Izzo has MSU playing its best basketball right now, they are a horrible free throw shooting team (worse than WF, think about that!), and UVA is really good. UVA lost 3 games to teams better than MSU (Duke, Louisville - on the road, and UNC when they were shooting incredibly well). Also, I expect Justin Anderson to be much more of a factor with a week off since the ACC tourney. If he can be any kind of factor, UVA is very unlikely to lose.

Last edited:
Hey Spartan bandwagoneers, DON'T SLEEP ON THE DAWGS !

Bilas and SVP spooging over the Ole Miss v. BYU game and all the scoring.

BYU took out their only big, Kaufanos, then their interior defense was INCREDIBLY poor in the second half.

That is what got Ole Miss the win - all the easy, easy dunks under the basket against a skinny 6'7 guy, who wanted no part of the paint.

Also, Bilas talking about officiating now "sucks." Did he talk to Coach K before making that comment?

So I saw a stat that like 66% of 12 seeds have beaten 5 seed the last few years. I went ahead and picked all 12 seeds over 5 seeds, but realistically, that isn't gonna happen. Which 12 seeds have the best shot you think?

Back