• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

????

ND getting a second loss - check
Washington getting a second loss - check
UGa losing to Auburn - check

PAC12 has no better than a 2 loss team
Big 10 has one team that is better than 2 losses, and they are getting no respect If Wiscy gets smoked in the Big 10 champ game, they won't get in.
Big 12 has one team that is better than 2 losses. If Okla gets beat in the champ game (or to WV), then they have no 1 loss teams
If Bama wins out, then no other SEC team has less than 2 losses.
ACC seems to be in the best position, unless Clemson or Miami gets upset down the stretch. If a one loss Clemson just barely beats an unbeaten Miami team in a great game, do they both get in? I wouldn't be surprised if one of those stumbles down the stretch though (UM at Pitt?)
Is an unbeaten UCF able to sneak in?

Hmmmmmm

Yep, by fumbling. What a game though!

Recovered by a kid with one hand. Crazy. Way to go UCF. Hell of a season. Hopefully the system can change to allow a 13-0 team to actually play for a championship.

Unreal result in the Pitt/Miami. One of the most surprising results of the year to me. Miami has been playing with Fire a lot of the season and finally got burned.

Pitt pulled off upsets of Top 4 teams two years in a row and all they have to show for it is 13 wins and a Pinstripe Bowl loss.

Pitt in b-ball and football has always confounded me. They can do something like today and yet I’ve seen them come up with numerous absolutely killer losses, much like the Virginia Tech game. I watched that unfold and had a sense it was not going to result in a win. Their fanbase I suspect could sympathize with ours.

14 straight for VT over VA. Pretty amazing considering we beat them in one of our 3-9 seasons and Duke has beaten them like 3 of 5.

Alabama beats Oklahoma in the championship game.

Back