• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

I would have to agree.

A year ago Celts were viewed as having one of the brightest futures in the league. Now...we're headed for purgatory.

Boston fans are the fucking worst.

Purgatory? LOL

It’s also low for a coach who’s won a title. Don’t think Lue will get any team to pay him for five years at the $ he wants though as I’m sure most GMs assume he owes his titles to Lebron.

I hope his pitch for what he deserves is better than "look at what other guys who have won a title earn".

Here are the other active, championship coaches: Popovich, Rivers, Carlisle, Spoelstra, and Kerr. All have either won with multiple player groups, have won multiple championships, or both. In contrast, Lue coached one star player group, won one championship, and basically did slightly better than his fired predecessor, mainly due to injury luck in the finals.

The best comparison is probably Kerr (since he too has only coached one star player group). Mark Jackson went 0.622 in his last season and exited in the first round while Kerr went 0.817 in his first season and won a championship. In comparison, David Blatt went 0.675 in his season and a half and exited in the finals while Lue went 0.634 in his first season and half and won the a championship. Kerr had a transformational impact on that team while it's pretty clear that Lue did not have the same level of impact for the Cavaliers.

Brutal missed opportunity for the Rockets last night but the door is wide open. Need to come out and blow the doors off right away on Friday and not give the Warriors any hope. Several times during the previous games in Houston they were ok the verge of putting the Warriors away and let them stay in it.

When PJ Tucker and James Hardin are the tallest guys you have on the court, you will not rebound well nor will you stop anyone from driving to the rack or into the lane. It's a moronic line-up.

It's even dumber when the opposition has a player or two who drive and then pass it out for open threes and they can make them.

The first 5 games there has not really been much of a choice though. Capela has been getting destroyed on defense when he gets switched onto virtually any of the Warriors outside the paint and his offensive contribution has been negligible. Nene has provided some valuable minutes but obviously you can’t roll with him for an entire game.

That said, losing Durant dramatically changes things. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Capela as a much more effective option without the threat of Durant. He should be able to patrol the paint, serve as a shot blocking threat and rebound aggressively without being lured to the perimeter and switched on Durant. The burden on Tucker also gets a hell of a lot lighter. No reason some combo of Paul, Harden and Gordon can’t play Curry and Thompson straight up. And their size issues become much less of an issue when they don’t have the threat of getting switched on Durant and him bombing threes right over the top. So I would expect the traditional Rockets lineup to be much more effective the next 2 games.

Here's a question- We know you can't trade your first pick in back-to-back drafts in the NBA. Can you draft a player in the first round and then trade him and next year's #1 choice?

It's now breaking that it wasn't just the money and the length of contract that kept Ty Lue from taking the Lakers' job. Rob Pelinka wanted Lue to hire Jason Kidd to be an assistant coach.

For that alone, Pelinka should be fired.

It's now breaking that it wasn't just the money and the length of contract that kept Ty Lue from taking the Lakers' job. Rob Pelinka wanted Lue to hire Jason Kidd to be an assistant coach.

For that alone, Pelinka should be fired.

That is remarkable. I mean, Pelinka should have been fired for a lot of reasons last year and now has more power in the organization.

I really think that they strike out in free agency this summer.

Honestly, Tyrone Lue is a terrible hire. He was a bad coach. The equivalent of Larry Drew. Serviceable is the nicest compliment I can think of.

I'd much rather have Jason Kidd as a head coach than Lue. I'm just not sure you can trust Kidd. I guess Lue couldn't.

The Lakers are a shit show. I think there best case hire is to bring back former coach Mike Brown. He has a good relationship with Lebron. That's best case.

The other option is for the Lakers to just let Lebron go player-coach next year, screw free agents, and spend the year getting their fucking house in order. No coach with from a good organization is going to touch the Lakers job. It is a lose-lose - if you win, Lebron did it. If you lose, you're a loser. Mettina is going to be a head coach somewhere next year. Udoka most likely as well. I can't imagine either would take the Lakers job. Maybe Udoka. He could get extra work replacing the lame French guy in the Most Interesting Man in the World Dos Equis commercials.

Back