• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Hawks trade to 4 giving up 8 17 and 35. Targeting Hunter

I'm surprised Pels didn't get #10 from Hawks rather than 17, 35 and a protected #1 from Cleveland that is likely to turn into two second round picks. It's no big deal to take Solomon Hill's expiring contract.

Could the Pels not have wanted three Top 10 picks?

With the Third Pick in the NBA Draft, the New York Knicks take RJ.....Karl ...it is James Dolan after all...

ce7ca3e014e69307385c9927fe1f47f5.jpg

Anyone have access to espns mock draft? I don’t have a plus account and am curious who they have going into the kid and wary teens.

LOL. Hawks management and I are on the same wavelength. I posted about getting Hill’s contract yesterday. They’re set up to be a playoff contender this year with cap space to acquire a good FA for 2020-21.

Last edited:
Could the Pels be taking a shot on Sekou by doing this? Could Griffin think Sekou could develop into Greek Freak 2 and is willing to wait?

How about taking shot at Bol Bol at #17?

With that new pick in the second round could Griffin be targeting local player Naz Reid?

I hope the Sixers get Cam Johnson.

Minnesota trades #11 and Saric to Phoenix for #6. This is strange. The Suns desperately needs a PG. They won't get one at #11.

Saric will be a nice fit for Phoenix, but they could have had White or Garland to go with Booker and Ayton.

Hoard to the Hawks at 57?

He would be a good fit. They’re probably looking to draft and stash because they have still have several picks and will be holding on to Hill and Crabbe as backup forwards.

Hawks gave up a lot to move up. There's also a protected 1st from Cleveland and they eat Solomon Hill for a year (which isn't a big deal for them I suppose, they have the space).

LOL. Hawks management and I are on the same wavelength. I posted about getting Hill’s contract yesterday. They’re set up to be a playoff contender this year with cap space to acquire a good FA for 2020-21.

Does Danny Ferry still run the Hawks but on the downlow cause of his PR problems?

Not sure I understand giving up that much to draft Hunter. I think he will be a good player and think it makes sense to move up considering how many picks they have but that’s a lot to gamble.

They have a new GM.

I'm still not sold that Hunter will be much better than a little more than a Robert Covington.

Given that Minnesota moved up to draft Garland or White, I wonder where they are trying to move Teague?

Last year Cleveland drafted PG Sexton and now they are going to take Garland? Culver would make more sense unless they have given up on Sexton already.

Back