• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Even with Lee AND hardaway I’m pretty sure they can scratch Barnes to create max this summer

They could trade Lee next week on after the season.

Harrison's $25M will be tough to trade.

The Mavs will have the right match any max deal for Porzingis.

They're better off just not trying to compete for a year or two and letting the bad contracts come off naturally. They'll have Zingis for 4-5 years and Doncic for 6-7

Would be hilarious if Durant decides the Knicks aren't the most desirable landing spot.

They're better off just not trying to compete for a year or two and letting the bad contracts come off naturally. They'll have Zingis for 4-5 years and Doncic for 6-7

Each one cost them an extra pick. I assume the Porzingis pick is 2021. Not competing when you only have one first round pick in 3 years is a bad move (unless I've forgotten some picks they've acquired).

Don't think this is correct, mavs are taking on some money in hardaway jr./Lee. Not a salary expert but I haven't seen anything saying they can open a max spot. Would be cool if i was wrong though #superteam

Knicks definitely think they are getting KD

I'd guess they are trying to move Lee and Hardaway. Lee should be easy to move.

By stretching Barnes and moving Lee, the should have room for a max deal.

Unless they get a Top 5 pick, they won't own it this year.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas_mavericks/

I would not be shocked to see the Knicks either buyout DJ and Matthews or try to trade them for anything they can get before the deadline.

Did the Knicks even try to dangle Zinger and their upcoming 1st rounder for AD?

Each one cost them an extra pick. I assume the Porzingis pick is 2021. Not competing when you only have one first round pick in 3 years is a bad move (unless I've forgotten some picks they've acquired).

They'll have Luka still on his rookie deal and 80 million in cap space in a couple years. They don't need draft picks to improve, they just need time.

Awesome trade for my mavs. Any idea of when Porzingis is supposed to be back from his injury?

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: It's AD trade season (maybe Porzingis too!)

They'll have Luka still on his rookie deal and 80 million in cap space in a couple years. They don't need draft picks to improve, they just need time.

Right. But not competing (tanking) when you don’t get picks for it is just dumb. They need to win and be an attractive destination. Try to make the playoffs and see what happens.

Right. But not competing (tanking) when you don’t get picks for it is just dumb. They need to win and be an attractive destination. Try to make the playoffs and see what happens.

I'm not saying to tank, just saying they don't need to go all in right now. Stick with the one year contracts type thing next year, then start adding pieces once Barnes and Courtney Lee's contracts come off, and then Hardaway's the year after.

All the following guys have 2 more years on their deal after this one, then become UFA's. Would be a good time to only have Luka and Porzingis on the books

Harden, Greek Freak, McCollum, Lillard, Beal, Butler, Conley, Aldridge, DeRozan, Gobert

Just when I thought my Knicks couldn't do anything dumber, they pull this shit

I can see Cuban now.

"Hey DeAndre, remember when you effed us and stayed with the clips? Have fun with the Knicks..."
"Well, at least they have Porzingis."
"Uh..."

I'm not saying to tank, just saying they don't need to go all in right now. Stick with the one year contracts type thing next year, then start adding pieces once Barnes and Courtney Lee's contracts come off, and then Hardaway's the year after.

All the following guys have 2 more years on their deal after this one, then become UFA's. Would be a good time to only have Luka and Porzingis on the books

Harden, Greek Freak, McCollum, Lillard, Beal, Butler, Conley, Aldridge, DeRozan, Gobert

Gotcha.

Just when I thought my Knicks couldn't do anything dumber, they pull this shit

It’s only dumb if you believed that Porzingis would resign and/or you loved THJ. Y’all have some hope now to overpay a free agent who might accidentally turn out to be good.

The NBA should take the Knicks from Dolan.

Anything less than Durant and Kyrie is negligence at this point.

This Sixers-Warriors is about as fun as regular season NBA has been this year.

Back