• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Townie, can you identify this basketball player ?

giphy.gif

Was the test given by Harrick's son, Jim, Jr.?

I remember when it happened. It was hialrious.

RJ just gave himself an 8,950 because none of you are qualified to grade his basketball knowledge. So Townie just needs to get 2% of that.

I understand RChildress knows more about basketball (and every other subject) than anyone who has ever lived. So, I'll ask him.

How is trading Fultz & and non-lottery pick for one of three franchise players a bad deal? Then add to that trading two guys who won't play much at all for a player entering his prime and who is a solid starter at your team's weakest position.

I can't wait to see how RChildress' overwhelming, stunning, creative, insightful, awe-inspiring brilliance will show how getting a cornerstone player and a solid starter is worse than what the Sixers would give up in this scenario.

I'm just not giving up on Fultz after four games. Getting the Suns pick next year would be amazing. No questioning the talent at the top of the draft. Giving up a bunch of controllable assets for it doesn't really make a lot of sense. Bledsoe not on this timeline either.

Suns Management: How can we jettison Bledsoe and still get some value back ? I know, throw in our likely lottery pick ?!!

Prince, Collins, Bembry and Dorsey straight up for Fultz. ESPN trade machine = approved.

Let's do it.

+3 wins for the 76ers!

I'm just not giving up on Fultz after four games. Getting the Suns pick next year would be amazing. No questioning the talent at the top of the draft. Giving up a bunch of controllable assets for it doesn't really make a lot of sense. Bledsoe not on this timeline either.

You contradict yourself but are so arrogant that you don't even see it. Let's break it down:

You say "getting the Suns pick next pick next year would be amazing". Do you think you get that for nothing? I doubt you'd find a GM in the NBA who would put Fultz in the category with Bagley, Porter or Doncic. Thus this is an obvious upgrade for the Sixers.

Is it giving up on someone to get something better for him? Not to anyone with a brain and who is honest.

"Controllable assets" need to have value. The Sixers shopped and shopped and shopped and shopped Jah with no good offers. Thus, he isn't really an asset. At this point, Jah is more of a liability than an asset. Korkmaz is a huge question mark. Any rational person would understand the Sixers biggest weakness is Bayless. Bledsoe is a huge upgrade over Bayless.

Just because you have control over a player doesn't mean it's an asset or has real value.

Not interested in an RChildress type relationship with you rj. Go Sixers. Fultz is gonna be awesome.

Jesus, didn't realize Giannis was putting up 38 PPG on 65% shooting. That's unreal.

Not interested in an RChildress type relationship with you rj. Go Sixers. Fultz is gonna be awesome.

You can admit you are wrong about your position. I realize it's difficult, but the reality is you can't logically dispute the statements I've made. The ONLY reason you can't admit this is it's me. I understand this,

markelle fultz was the consensus #1 pick in a draft considered very strong. why would you he not be a cornerstone player by that criteria? but there are 3 cornerstone players in next year's draft, 2 of which have never played a second higher than prep ball.

skal labissiere was a cornerstone player at the same point in his career.

Back