• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Jerry West might be able to trade Gallinari's insane contract to SacTown or another bottom feeding team. Then he get Lebron and bring back CP3.
Why would CP go back to play for Doc (and Austin), when he is lighting the world on fire in Houston with Harden?

Juice and Pilch, why don't you think NBA players would look more favorably on players they've faced at least twice as often? With Blake's injuries, Bucks and Sixers players may not have played against him more than a few times.

I would have never guessed that Tobias Harris would be responsible for ph's first official depheat.

It's cause he's half white and no one likes him.

Blake's contract isn't as bad as playing a scrub like Reggie Jackson $17M & $18M over the next two years. Every competitive team has a max or close to max contract.

If Blake can't get off the bench to even walk in 2 years its astronomically worse than the Reggie Jackson contract. Competitive teams have max contracts to players that deserve it and can play up to that level. That's barely Blake now, much less in 2 years.

No mention of the warriors losing by 30 tonight to the Jazz? Or Kevin Love breaking his hand? Or Harden dropping 60?

The warriors really fucked the NBA imo. It just doesn't matter, they're too good. The best thing they could do is have Durant finally be #tooathletic and get boogied.

Agreed. You could say something similar about the Rockets and Spurs filling out the top 3 in the West despite dealing with significant injuries.

Just saw Sportscenter. So the Warriors got beat by 30 because they had too much fun hanging out in Salt Lake City the night before?

Last edited:
Agreed. You could say something similar about the Rockets and Spurs filling out the top 3 in the West despite dealing with significant injuries.

Just saw Sportscenter. So the Warriors got beat by 30 because they had too much fun hanging out in Salt Lake City the night before?

Yet despite the on court product not being compelling at all, they completely dominate the news cycle with the soap opera aspect. The NFL pushes team over individual, and takes all individuality out of their product. The NBA encourages leaks of "problems in the locker room" driving the news cycle. This is just me stealing from Lebatard who I listen to every day, but the NBA really has got it figured out, and it won't be long until they're our most popular support.

I mean they're supporting the legalizaiton of gambling on sports, as long as they get a 1% cut on everything wagered.

If Blake can't get off the bench to even walk in 2 years its astronomically worse than the Reggie Jackson contract. Competitive teams have max contracts to players that deserve it and can play up to that level. That's barely Blake now, much less in 2 years.

Are you aware of some degenerative leg issue Blake has that the rest of us aren't?

I think this could be a good trade for both teams. Griffin is a unique NBA player. Tobias Harris is an above average 4. He's not particularly unique. He's a better Galinari basically. Griffin can go as a point 4 for parts of games and poses matchup issues similar to Boogie Cousins. Of course, I'd rather have Cousins pre-injury assuming he's not a locker room cancer, but Griffin is not a bad dude, just immature. He probably needed a change of scenery. I bet the towel boy in Clipperland is relatively relieved to see Blake go - the one Blake clobbered last year.

Also, what the FUCK were the Jazz wearing last night. Are we entering some shitty uniform era in the NBA again?

Rasual Butler and his wife died in a one-car accident late last night. He was 38 years old.

Jesus. Wikipedia says he lost control in a strip mall parking lot? How fast do you need to be going for that? Did not see kids mentioned.

Rasual Butler and his wife died in a one-car accident late last night. He was 38 years old.

Really weird. He had a nice stint with the Wizards three years ago, and was money from 3. Respected Butler as he made it back to the NBA after a significant D-League (now G-League) stint in his 30s. Really rare and basketball to make it back in the NBA in your mid-30s. This past weekend, I wondered what Butler was up to as he was in the NBA less than two years ago.

Harden's 60/11/10 is a huge line.

Wilt had 100/25/2 (blocks and steals weren't kept back then.)

Against Russell and the Celtics, Wilt had 34/55/4 - 55 rebounds against Russell

Wilt had 78/43 against the Lakers...her got 73 and 62 on consecutive nights...

There have been a total of 68 games when a player scored at least 60 points - 32 are by Wilt. It wasn't until about 2015-16 season that all other NBA players' total equaled Wilt's personal total. It wasn't until about 40 years after he retired and they had to add a three point shot...

Suns agreed to buyout with Monroe. Celts and Pellies rumored to be interested.

Jesus. Wikipedia says he lost control in a strip mall parking lot? How fast do you need to be going for that? Did not see kids mentioned.

Ask Biff

e268e170b000e3309797a6f78ba8d6d8261bf40f5f8ec584e49fb389eb2c7d1f.jpg

Mirotic gone. Never loved his game, so feel good about the deal. Sad Trick-or-Treat Tony is getting waived.

Are you aware of some degenerative leg issue Blake has that the rest of us aren't?

I think this could be a good trade for both teams. Griffin is a unique NBA player. Tobias Harris is an above average 4. He's not particularly unique. He's a better Galinari basically. Griffin can go as a point 4 for parts of games and poses matchup issues similar to Boogie Cousins. Of course, I'd rather have Cousins pre-injury assuming he's not a locker room cancer, but Griffin is not a bad dude, just immature. He probably needed a change of scenery. I bet the towel boy in Clipperland is relatively relieved to see Blake go - the one Blake clobbered last year.

Also, what the FUCK were the Jazz wearing last night. Are we entering some shitty uniform era in the NBA again?

I am not. But Blake has had like 7 injuries to his lower body that have required surgery. It wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world to have him have another one in the next season or two that makes him completely unable to play at an NBA level again. Given his salary it's a coup for LA to get rid of him IMO.

Back