• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

You're going to be extra infuriated when you see that he continues to wear his Wake Forest shirt/tie combos. I was at a game a couple weeks ago and he was wearing his mustard yellow shirt with yellow geometric shapes tie.

dude must have a tie guy because I don't think they even sell those in stores any more

One of my Celtics friends says yesterday's game was because:
1- The Celtics are a regular season team and couldn't elevate their game to a playoff atmosphere
2- LeBron James decided to play harder because it was Paul Piece day

Frauds is strong, but the road to the Finals still goes through the Cavs until proven otherwise.

I think they just played against a team no one had ever seen before that still had the best player on the planet.

nah, I think it's part of a nefarious scheme to be the single most unlikable donk in sports history

nah, I think it's part of a nefarious scheme to be the single most unlikable donk in sports history

I'm sticking with my theory that he only bought ties that came with a shirt from Hecht's, and once they closed in 2006, his collection was locked in.

Bz is by far the worst thing about my Rox

I just pretend he's not there

Simmons filling the stat sheet tonight. 13 points, 6 boards, 6 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks.

edit: I forgot to include (and didn't notice) TJ's line...10 pts, 10 boards, 11 assists, 6 steals

Last edited:
I cant wait for someone here having to deal with [Redacted] being the head coach of their fave NBA team

I cant wait for someone here having to deal with [name redacted] being the head coach of their fave NBA team

My deadline to renew my Hornets season tix is the 16th to get a 2-year price lock. When the ticket dude called me a few weeks ago to ask if I was renewing, I told him I was waiting until the trade deadline, because if they traded Kemba I wasn't paying to watch a full tank. He literally called me at 3:10 on the day of the trade deadline and asked if I'm still in. I told him that there is one big caveat: I'm fine if Clifford gets canned, but if [name redacted] is hired then I'm out and I expect a full refund. No word back yet if that is doable.

Honestly, I would enjoy seeing Bz get a NBA head coaching gig... Would be great to see him fail miserably in today's NBA.

I think, from a safe distance, it would provide loads of entertainment.

My deadline to renew my Hornets season tix is the 16th to get a 2-year price lock. When the ticket dude called me a few weeks ago to ask if I was renewing, I told him I was waiting until the trade deadline, because if they traded Kemba I wasn't paying to watch a full tank. He literally called me at 3:10 on the day of the trade deadline and asked if I'm still in. I told him that there is one big caveat: I'm fine if Clifford gets canned, but if [name redacted] is hired then I'm out and I expect a full refund. No word back yet if that is doable.

You have to think the three teams least likely to hire Bz are the Hornets, Hawks and whoever wants to sign Carmelo.

The Spurs are as close to not making the playoffs half way into a season than at any point since Duncan's first year with the team, which is what? 22 years? Maybe the strike year too ...

The spurs roster is pretty shitty if you look at it objectively

Probably Pop's best coaching job in awhile

And considering several players are injured every game. I suspect Pop is just keeping everybody as fresh as possible for when Kawhi returns.

The team could be prepared for a run if Kawhi comes back. Gay and Andersen will be capable wing reserves. Murray will be entrenched as the starter at PG. Forbes has gotten plenty of playing time. Same with Bertands. Obviously LMA is back to his Portland self.

There’s not much difference between the 1-5 seeds. Everything goes through the Rockets and Warriors.

Back