• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Also, Saric is a better ball handler? Jae has had a higher assist rate than Saric's was last year in 4 of 6 years, and has never had a turnover rate as high as Saric's was last year.

I get that Saric may one day be better than Crowder, and he certainly has a different, potentially more valuable skillset in the long-term, but to say that he's already there is asinine.

Crowder low key sort of sucked on defense this year. Even Celtic homers I talk to agree with that. If i'm the Celtics, i'd trade absolutely anything on my roster to get Zinger. He would crush it with that system and make them instantly a contender for the next 5-7 years in the east if not more.

The whole team sort of sucked on defense this year. It was a weird year. Bradley had abysmal defensive numbers for a while, too; I don't think that he suddenly forgot how to play defense. Without doing a ton of research, I'd guess that it had something to do with coaching / sub patterns? I don't know. I'm more inclined to believe that than I am to assume sudden drops in a bunch of players' defensive abilities.

Agreed on your other point, though. You move heaven and earth to get Porzingis if you're the Celtics.

Also, Saric is a better ball handler? Jae has had a higher assist rate than Saric's was last year in 4 of 6 years, and has never had a turnover rate as high as Saric's was last year.

I get that Saric may one day be better than Crowder, and he certainly has a different, potentially more valuable skillset in the long-term, but to say that he's already there is asinine.

BTW, why doesn't age count here like it did in other places?

Crowder is currently better than Saric, but Saric probably has more trade value. It's a dumb argument though, because there's 0 chance the Sixers are trading for Porzingis. Unlikely the Knicks would deal with either the Sixers or Celtics.

BTW, why doesn't age count here like it did in other places?

Because you said that Saric is better than Crowder right now, which is an argument that explicitly and specifically does not account for age.

Not going to jump into this one "whole hog", but Crowder is most definitely an #asset due to his team friendly contract for the next 3 years.

He'll never be a star, but you can win a lot of games with him getting significant minutes.

Crowder is currently better than Saric, but Saric probably has more trade value. It's a dumb argument though, because there's 0 chance the Sixers are trading for Porzingis. Unlikely the Knicks would deal with either the Sixers or Celtics.

I'd normally completely agree with you. But Phil is being a dick and has been a terrible GM. He's also been alleged to be vindictive. Phil said he was "in contact with" the teams in the Top 5 picks. That includes Sixers and Celtics.

Crowder is only good bc of Brad Stevens magic

My buddy's trying to convince me that the C's have a real shot at Porzingis. He's suggesting we move #3 this year, the Lakers/Kings pick, and Crowder. I thiiiiiink that'd get it done too?

Your buddy just listens/reads a lot of Bill Simmons

Your buddy just listens/reads a lot of Bill Simmons
Probably. I think there's like a 70% chance Porzingis is still a Knick tomorrow, but if he's traded, I do think the C's would be uniquely able and willing to put a good package on the table.

Probably. I think there's like a 70% chance Porzingis is still a Knick tomorrow, but if he's traded, I do think the C's would be uniquely able and willing to put a good package on the table.

well of course the Celtics can put the best package on the table, they have the most #assets. They're going to be good for 10 years.

What I've seen is Phil is asking for Devin Booker and #4 from the Suns for Porzingis. He wants a top 5 pick AND a stud player on a rookie contract. I'm not sure other teams in top 5 have a rookie deal player that would entice him as much (Ingram and #2? probably not, Jaylen Brown and #3? probably not). I don't think the Suns are going to trade Booker AND #4 for Zingis so I doubt he gets moved.

What I've seen is Phil is asking for Devin Booker and #4 from the Suns for Porzingis. He wants a top 5 pick AND a stud player on a rookie contract. I'm not sure other teams in top 5 have a rookie deal player that would entice him as much (Ingram and #2? probably not, Jaylen Brown and #3? probably not). I don't think the Suns are going to trade Booker AND #4 for Zingis so I doubt he gets moved.

Saric and #1

well of course the Celtics can put the best package on the table, they have the most #assets. They're going to be good for 10 years.

Good and at the same time irrelevant. Just like the 60 win Hawks team that had the #1 seed 2 years ago, it doesnt matter. you arent beating LeBron unless you get the next Lebron.

The shittiest thing about the NBA and why it will never be as good as the NFL is that one player can swing the league.

Good and at the same time irrelevant. Just like the 60 win Hawks team that had the #1 seed 2 years ago, it doesnt matter. you arent beating LeBron unless you get the next Lebron.

The shittiest thing about the NBA and why it will never be as good as the NFL is that one player can swing the league.

except the CP3's and Lebrons are gonna get desperate and follow the talent to try and beat the Dubs. So Celts will eventually get someone like a Davis/Towns/Lebron/CP level dude in the next 2 years.

Make the court bigger and make it 8-on-8.

Back