• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

The Celts with Lebron would definitely be better than the Sixers with Lebron if only because Simmons and Lebron aren’t a good fit. Kyrie and Lebron have already worked well together. Such a Celtics team would essentially be the 2016 squad plus Tatum and Hayward.

yeah, but i don't think lbj could go to bos with out losing cap space, so that needs to be factored in vs the xers.

lebron-james-lakers-e1502304204353.jpg

LeBron (and his critics) care waaaayy more about his Finals record than his Finals streak. The "road is so much harder in the West" thing is so overblown. He'll have to play the Warriors at some point in the playoffs if he wants to win titles, which is all he cares about.

I'm going Lakers.

Don't think its overblown. Being in the east makes it easier to luck out via injuries or fluke things like the Rox winning this year.

I still like the idea of The King coming to the Hornets to play for the GOAT. Unstoppable combination, if it actually gets MJ's competitive spirit going again. (Probably too late for that.)

Why "beyond shocked" about him joining a contender?

i'm also not sure sixers with lbj arent better than celts. i guess coaching is the big difference. i also cant see kyrie/lbj getting back together again.

Two big advantages for the Sixers would be their absolute dominance of the boards over the Celtics. Another advantage is that Lebron would only have to play 28-32 mpg. He would be completely fresh for the playoffs.

The Sixers would add at least one more veteran and their two first round picks. If Fultz is able to improve at all, it's a bonus. Or they make a package to add another star.

Paul George or CP3 and Lebron in Philly and roll with Simmons, PG13, Lebron, Saric/Covington, Embiid and you're set. Philly has the cap space to bring in 2 guys.

Why "beyond shocked" about him joining a contender?

Because of the cap. Harden is over $30M as will CP3, Capela will get over $25M. Those three and empty slots put them at or over the cap.

But they don't have just empty slots. They have one of the five worst contracts in the NBA with Ryan Anderson at $41M+ over the next two years. They don't have any real assets to give with Anderson. No draft pick this year and likely a bottom three for the next two years. If they want to include Gordon, there aren't many teams that have $34M under the cap to take both of them.

Tucker is making just under $8M next year.

They might be able to dump Gordon and Tucker, but not Anderson.

To get Lebron, they will have to decimate their entire roster. If by some miracle they find a sucker to take Anderson, they will likely be the first $150M+ team and it will last for 3-5 years. That's before they fill out their roster.

This is why.

Last edited:
Nevermind, Embiid's max extension maybe kicks in by next year?

It kicks in this summer. They have two more seasons before they have to pay Simmons. Josh Harris has said he will have no problem paying repeater taxes if he has to do it.

They have assets like Saric, Fultz and Covington to package for a sign and trade or just a trade to clear room for another contract.

Because of the cap. Harden is over $30M as will CP3, Capela will get over $25M. Those three and empty slots put them at or over the cap.

But they don't have just empty slots. They have one of the five worst contracts in the NBA with Ryan Anderson at $41M+ over the next two years. They don't have any real assets to give with Anderson. No draft pick this year and likely a bottom three for the next two years. If they want to include Gordon, there aren't many teams that have $34M under the cap to take both of them.

Tucker is making just under $8M next year.

They might be able to dump Gordon and Tucker, but not Anderson.

To get Lebron, they will have to decimate their entire roster. If by some miracle they find a sucker to take Anderson, they will likely be the first $150M+ team and it will last for 3-5 years. That's before they fill out their roster.

This is why.

what if Morey's magnum opus is actually letting the 33-year-old Paul walk - making the tough decision - to write history?

Harden/? (CoJo? point-forward LeBron)
Gordon/? (Belinelli?)
LeBron/Ariza
Tucker/Anderson
Capela/Nenê

Ha! keep being a lemming rather than trying to acquire knowledge.

I've treated you with respect. so, you take a pot shot like a little, internet coward.

The day you have 1% of the knowledge I do about basketball is the day I'll stop posting.

Unless Lebron signs within the first week with Houston, he won't be able to go there with or without CP3. You see, within a day or so of free agency starting, someone will give Capela a max offer sheet. This will put the Rockets over the cap immediately in your scenario as they will still have the contracts of Anderson, Tucker an Gordon.

But don't be bothered by facts in your little dreamworld of ignorance.

This could have been pleasant, but you chose the style.

I've treated you with respect. so, you take a pot shot like a little, internet coward.

The day you have 1% of the knowledge I do about basketball is the day I'll stop posting.

Unless Lebron signs within the first week with Houston, he won't be able to go there with or without CP3. You see, within a day or so of free agency starting, someone will give Capela a max offer sheet. This will put the Rockets over the cap immediately in your scenario as they will still have the contracts of Anderson, Tucker an Gordon.

But don't be bothered by facts in your little dreamworld of ignorance.

This could have been pleasant, but you chose the style.

You seem like a really bitter person

Back