• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

CP3 is making a very healthy $41M this year and on track for $44M next year with the Suns, not counting the Carlton money he gets from Jake & Co. It's a living, but I am one of the people that would like to see Chris win something before we close his NBA book. Is there any path for him to become a Laker in 21/22?

Ewwwww. Please let’s not have CP3 on the Lakers.

CP3 to the Lakers would close the loop from when he played in the McDonalds game with his buddy, Lebron.

If you’re going to win the title in the next 3 years, as CP’s window closes, you’ve got to hitch yourself to:

Lebron - I could actually see that in 2 years. Both at end of careers. Somebody plays for peanuts, and it would not be Lebron lol.

Durant - not happening.

Steph - oh hell no. Not after Steph punked CP with that crossover.

Kawhi - maybe. Kawhi is so weird, who knows?

I don’t see Freak or anyone else winning a title until Lebron retires.

It would also close the loop of the Lakers trying to acquire CP before the NBA nixed the trade.

Get ready for CP, AD, Lebron, Bronny, and Giannis playing for the Lakers around 2025.

Didn't even realize until watching ESPN this afternoon that the T-Wolves filed Flip's kid and hired a Nick Nurse assistant. That has to be the quick in-season fire and outside hire I've seen in pro sports.

Book with a +28 due to 34 pts so far on 17 shots as the Suns are up 33 on the Blazers early in the 4th in your daily reminder of apetit's basketball saavy.

Wizards win their fifth straight with an OT win at the Lakers. Celtics, Nuggets, Rockets, Blazers, Lakers. Not bad. A team can do a lot with two elite guards.

It would also close the loop of the Lakers trying to acquire CP before the NBA nixed the trade.

Get ready for CP, AD, Lebron, Bronny, and Giannis playing for the Lakers around 2025.

Wait. Is that 3 pgs or 4?

Book with a +28 due to 34 pts so far on 17 shots as the Suns are up 33 on the Blazers early in the 4th in your daily reminder of apetit's basketball saavy.

well my point was that i didn't think he was as good as his stats would suggest, not that he would start putting up worse #s. (though from the highlights, he did have some sweet plays last night)

Wizards win their fifth straight with an OT win at the Lakers. Celtics, Nuggets, Rockets, Blazers, Lakers. Not bad. A team can do a lot with two elite guards.

This Wiz mini-rally slams the brakes on the Beal trade speculation, but it never had legs. The Wizards' owner is committed to building around Bradley Beal (he's only 27), not building through trading him. Beal only gets traded if he forces it upon the Wizards, and for now, he wants to stay in DC.

I think I posted after the Wizards beat the Nets that the Wizards have the start of something promising. They've got elite guards. Hachimura and Avdija are promising forwards. Thomas Bryant is a good C. They've got some good bench players. They've got something to build on to at least be a playoff contender next year if they draft well, make a few good offseason moves, and stay healthy.

Juice, what are your thoughts on the Bulls right now? I've heard rumors that Lavine and Markkanen are available. The East is weird. Several teams seem close but far away. Only the Pistons seems like they need to do a series retool, but they may have already started it.

Bulls feel like the Hornets for much of the last decade -- some interesting individual pieces, treading water around the bottom of the playoffs, but nothing to really get excited about

I don't believe in Billy Donovan as a top tier coach

way too early to comment on the new GM/President team -- I think this trade deadline will be telling; the temptation is there to go for a low playoff seed and get rolled by the Bucks or Sixer or whomever, but I hope they resist

blow it up, start over -- they haven't done in forever, kept bringing in guys like old D-Wade, vets like Thaddeus Young and Otto Porter who are good role players, but keep you in the Hornets zone

I think I posted after the Wizards beat the Nets that the Wizards have the start of something promising. They've got elite guards. Hachimura and Avdija are promising forwards. Thomas Bryant is a good C. They've got some good bench players. They've got something to build on to at least be a playoff contender next year if they draft well, make a few good offseason moves, and stay healthy.

Wizards are still a nightmare defensively. Not every team can keep up with them offensively, sure, but they can't stop anybody.

Oh definitely, but that's something that can be addressed with personnel. Hachimura and Bryant could improve on D. Come to think about it, I don't think I included Bryant on that pre-Lebron young Lakers team I posted last week. They threw away a lot of young talent.

I think Bryant could still get quite a bit bigger and more physical and keep his game about the same.

Wizards are still a nightmare defensively. Not every team can keep up with them offensively, sure, but they can't stop anybody.

1000% true until the last 5 games. Over the last 5 games, the Wizards played much better defense (ppg dropped 8+ points). If this streak of decent defense is an aberration, they will head back to basketball oblivion. If they have found their way (Westbrook was hurt to start the year; then, the team was ravaged by COVID - missed 6 games; then, they lost 4 straight non-competitive games with a depleted roster after the COVID pause to fall to 3-12). Since then, Westbrook has returned to form, the defense has improved and they beat the Nets, Boston, Denver, @ Portland and @ the Lakers. At this point, still not believing that the Wizards are anything other than a bottom-tier NBA team, but they are fun to watch, and we will see if they can keep it going (don't like the Wiz tonight; they play a rested Clippers team coming off a loss to the Nets).

Back