• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - All-Star "Weekend" on March 7?

So he’s a borderline All-Star?

So where does that Anthony Edwards dunk rank on the list of most vicious game dunks of all time?

I watched some dunk compilations, watched Vince Carter over Frederic Weis, DeAndre Jordan killing Brandon Knight, and the Pippen
stepping over Ewing, and the Starks dunk the year before. I think Edwards has them beat.

Last edited:
meh, the more i watch the suns the more i’m convinced devin booker isn’t that good (not as good as his numbers would suggest). would put him behind guys like mitchell, jaylen brown, mccollum, etc.

I mean he’s 35% from 3 volume scorer with a 17 PER right now; but I can see how from the bubble performance and their current team record he’s getting more credit than deserved

meh, the more i watch the suns the more i’m convinced devin booker isn’t that good (not as good as his numbers would suggest). would put him behind guys like mitchell, jaylen brown, mccollum, etc.

I don’t get this take

Maybe just bc he torches the Sixers

the problems i see with booker stem from:

1/ the majority of his game is making contested shots off the dribble
2/ he doesn’t really have much shake (eg shamet locking him down)
3/ what he’s best at is making those difficult midrange shots but it doesn’t really force doubles or rotations
4/ because he’s not a particularly good outside shooter he turns into a ball stopper to make his offense
5/ all of the above makes him very susceptible to live ball turnovers
6/ when he tries to play more team oriented ball w/ ball movement he kinda disappears on offense
7/ not good at defense, switches on just about everything leaving his teammates in bad matchups

obviously he can have scoring outbursts when he’s feeling it and the good thing is that he is somewhat immune to good defenders because his whole game is making those tough shots anyway. but at the end of the day i don’t think he not necessarily a winning lead player. fwiw, this is all based on about four or five games so could be way off.

actually just looked it up and the advanced stats are indeed harsh on him (vs previous seasons). so perhaps just still getting acclimated to a new offensive philosophy with cp.

I've been suspicious of Booker ever since he complained about getting doubled in pickup

What are you all’s thoughts on the Celtics and what seems like pressure building on Ainge and/or Stevens?

Today’s collapse vs the Pelicans was really bad. And this team should be better than 15-15. But they’re not healthy and missing several key role players.

Most importantly, I don’t see why there is “WIN NOW!” pressure on a team with two legit all-stars who are 24 and almost 23 years old. Robert Williams III is 23 and promising as well. This team has a very bright future.

If they want to make moves, perhaps they should try to move Kemba but I think they’ll make the 2nd round and be competitive if healthy.

I've seen some potential Kemba trades. I don't know who would actually give up a player who would put the Celtics over the top in order to get him.

Sixers need to replace Mike Scott.

What a difference between their starters and bench tonight.

Their tough start just breaks my heart

And the Sixers lose to the formerly lowly Raptors with no Lowry. The Tampa Raptors are #4 in the East at 16-15.

Looks like the Hawks are going to get a good win vs. the Nuggets.

Last edited:
Mike Scott didn’t play tonight? Korkmaz isn’t bench player on a championship team caliber. Maxey should be getting his minutes.

The eight minute fg drought in the fourth didn’t help, but the Raps also hit some stupid shots. The van vleet bank three in the first and some of the Boucher threes were silly.

Mike Scott didn’t play tonight? Korkmaz isn’t bench player on a championship team caliber. Maxey should be getting his minutes.

The eight minute fg drought in the fourth didn’t help, but the Raps also hit some stupid shots. The van vleet bank three in the first and some of the Boucher threes were silly.

LOL.

I was responding to rj about Mike Scott, not you in response to Lowry not playing, if that’s what the LOL is about.

Sixers have beaten the Lakers, Clippers, and Nets this season. I’m not terribly worried about any single performance like tonight’s. When they play defense as a team they’re really tough.

I don't think Scott is any good.

CP3 is making a very healthy $41M this year and on track for $44M next year with the Suns, not counting the Carlton money he gets from Jake & Co. It's a living, but I am one of the people that would like to see Chris win something before we close his NBA book. Is there any path for him to become a Laker in 21/22?

Back