• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

The virtual draft setup seemed to have promoted way more crying than traditional drafts.

The virtual draft setup seemed to have promoted way more crying than traditional drafts.

I was wondering if this was the virtual thing - you feel more comfortable in your own home - or a generational thing.

Also thought it was funny how many of them didn’t look at the camera when they were being interviewed, but rather at the TV, which made it look like they were staring off into space.

Weird to see unheralded FSU players go in the lottery and heralded Duke and UNC players picked later.

Not weird to see them get hype and attention while other second rounders barely get mentioned.

Don't forget your expert panel of Bilas and Jay Williams.

like what lakers and portland did with trades

hornets, spurs and definitely sixers did well

Free agency is going to be fast and furious if these guys have to be in camp in two weeks. Friday thru the weekend is going to be a cascade of surprises, me thinks.

For one, is Harden going to Brooklyn? I really fucking hope not. I'd rather waltz into any YMCA gym and watch games than watch Harden pussy foot around at the arc for 10 seconds and then fling up a 3. Not saying he's not elite, I just cannot stand watching it and was hoping to really cheer for the home team this year. I can't root for a Harden team. It's not the lap dancing addiction. It's his game.

agree on Harden -- nothing against the dude personally, but it's not fun to watch

the anti-Westbrook, who is a terribly flawed player, but very exciting to watch

James Johnson is part of the following trade:

T'wolves get:

Ricky Rubio
Immanuel Quickley (25th pick)

OKC gets:

James Johnson
Aleksej Pokusevski (17th pick)

Looks like T'wolves may be getting another pick as well.

Official 2020 NBA Draft - 2&2 gets new Big Baller Brand shoes (but not from MDMH)

Don't forget your expert panel of Bilas and Jay Williams.

like what lakers and portland did with trades

hornets, spurs and definitely sixers did well

Yeah. It is interesting how without the in person workouts and interviews and tourney and typical timeline, the UNC and Duke players fell.

That said, I’m happy with Tre Jones. He’s going to stick around for awhile and gives the Spurs two great defenders at PG.

Man i felt old as shit reading that Kenyon Martin's son got drafted last night

Malice at the Palace was 16 years ago today too damn

Yeah. Seeing him as a proud father made me feel real old. At least him and Greg Anthony have draft bragging rights over their kids.

Dig both the Green and Curry moves. Great roster fit, finally, and with the trade exceptions and expiring deal it's a step closer to some cap flexibility down the line. The glaring areas of need in the roster are shooters, floor spacers, people who can handle the ball in the half court, and people who can create their own shot. The team already defended pretty well, though last season Horford and Richardson were pretty big disappointments overall, and Danny Green is basically the quintessential 3 and D guy.

The entire idea of the Horford contract was not to fall off a cliff when Embiid left the floor, and we still did. His on/off numbers show that. I still feel like now that's going to be an issue, but the free agent market is interesting.

For Mavs fans, you are getting a guy that's really easy to root for in Josh Richardson, he loves playing the game, and when he's on, he's a total dog defensively, just relentless. But he's a very streaky shooter and not the strongest physically. We tried him at point, and his handles immediately showed us that was a bad idea. Kind of a limited player ultimately, but I know the guys will miss him. I think getting Seth in return on an outstanding contract is pretty sweet, that seems like an elite 3 pt shot.

Dig both the Green and Curry moves. Great roster fit, finally, and with the trade exceptions and expiring deal it's a step closer to some cap flexibility down the line. The glaring areas of need in the roster are shooters, floor spacers, people who can handle the ball in the half court, and people who can create their own shot. The team already defended pretty well, though last season Horford and Richardson were pretty big disappointments overall, and Danny Green is basically the quintessential 3 and D guy.

The entire idea of the Horford contract was not to fall off a cliff when Embiid left the floor, and we still did. His on/off numbers show that. I still feel like now that's going to be an issue, but the free agent market is interesting.

For Mavs fans, you are getting a guy that's really easy to root for in Josh Richardson, he loves playing the game, and when he's on, he's a total dog defensively, just relentless. But he's a very streaky shooter and not the strongest physically. We tried him at point, and his handles immediately showed us that was a bad idea. Kind of a limited player ultimately, but I know the guys will miss him. I think getting Seth in return on an outstanding contract is pretty sweet, that seems like an elite 3 pt shot.

Seth Curry is married to Doc's daughter Callie. Sixers keeping it in the family.

Townie I think I’m in on the Richardson for Curry/Bey trade

Mavs will definitely miss Curry’s instant O. But their biggest need was wings who could defend. They added quite a few last night

i also think Richardson will thrive a bit more offensively in Carlisles system/playing next to Luka and KP (atleast that’s my hope)

Yeah. It is interesting how without the in person workouts and interviews and tourney and typical timeline, the UNC and Duke players fell.

And without ESPN blowing them for every little thing they do.

ESPN deserves credit over the last several years for centering the NBA and NFL draft around the athletes and their families rather than around the teams and themselves as analysts and prognosticators.

There’s much less hype for Mel Kiper. ESPN went with college basketball analysts who know the players and their game. They’ve gotten rid of harsh criticisms of players or teams for picking them. The draft is a celebration instead of a process.

I feel like Malachi Flynn is a perfect fit for the Raptors. They love those kinds of players, my goodness.

Meanwhile, the Celtics took another guy who is exactly like all the guys they have lol.

I feel like Malachi Flynn is a perfect fit for the Raptors. They love those kinds of players, my goodness.

Meanwhile, the Celtics took another guy who is exactly like all the guys they have lol.

These two posts contradict. You give love to the Raptors for taking a guy with VanVleet comps but mock the Celtics for taking a guy similar to the rest of their roster.

Back