• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

I feel like Malachi Flynn is a perfect fit for the Raptors. They love those kinds of players, my goodness.

Meanwhile, the Celtics took another guy who is exactly like all the guys they have lol.

The ghost of Red Auerbach loved the Payton Pritchard selection.

These two posts contradict. You give love to the Raptors for taking a guy with VanVleet comps but mock the Celtics for taking a guy similar to the rest of their roster.

Mock the pretenders who keep flunking out for doubling down on their "all wings" strategy and give credit to the best team at NBA player development for picking a perfect hardworking fit?

Vanderbilt has had 3 players drafted the last two years:

Darius Garland with the #5 pick in 2019
Aaron Nesmith with the #14 pick in 2020
Saben Lee with the #38 pick in 2020

While injuries played role, still unbelievable that Vandy's SEC record over the last two years was 3-35

Klay out for the season with a torn Achilles.

Everybody does. Great shooter. Great defender. Doesn't need the ball in his hands. Seems like a good dude. I was looking forward to seeing the Warriors back in form this season.

Pistons-Hawks trade

Last edited:
Everybody does. Great shooter. Great defender. Doesn't need the ball in his hands. Seems like a good dude. I was looking forward to seeing the Warriors back in form this season.

Pistons-Hawks trade

Not gonna lie, after a long day's work I was hoping for a little bit more excitement to come from the NBA thread today than a Tony Snell for Dewayne Dedmon swap.

It didn't even deserve a separate post. I thought I changed the thread title for JJ to OKC though.

Pistons-Hawks trade

Holy hell, JJ has a 16mil player option? He must have a hell of an agent.

Vanderbilt has had 3 players drafted the last two years:

Darius Garland with the #5 pick in 2019
Aaron Nesmith with the #14 pick in 2020
Saben Lee with the #38 pick in 2020

While injuries played role, still unbelievable that Vandy's SEC record over the last two years was 3-35

Washington had two players taken in the first round and went 15-17 (5-13 in conference) in a lousy PAC-12.

Jimmy Butler and Selena Gomez at a club would look like some old head hitting on an 18 year old. But he's 31 and she's 28.

Dedmon is out of the way, so now, what do they do with Capela?

John Collins (whom NBATV announcers forgot exists, since they're all excited to pair Trae with Okongwu as "Hawks' young tandem to build upon")...JC needs room to roam and do his thing.

And yes, I'm asking for selfish fantasy hoops purposes, too.

ESPN deserves credit over the last several years for centering the NBA and NFL draft around the athletes and their families rather than around the teams and themselves as analysts and prognosticators.

There’s much less hype for Mel Kiper. ESPN went with college basketball analysts who know the players and their game. They’ve gotten rid of harsh criticisms of players or teams for picking them. The draft is a celebration instead of a process.

Interesting. I feel like they swung too far into the stories and families

To me the NBA draft live broadcast felt more like Oprah or Ellen and less like we were actually talking about players, their fit, moves...I dunno it bothers me

I get it doesn’t help that Woj and Shams are leaking picks 5 mins before every pick, but I want to hear about players and teams

There has to be a middle way somewhere

Interesting. I feel like they swung too far into the stories and families

To me the NBA draft live broadcast felt more like Oprah or Ellen and less like we were actually talking about players, their fit, moves...I dunno it bothers me

I get it doesn’t help that Woj and Shams are leaking picks 5 mins before every pick, but I want to hear about players and teams

There has to be a middle way somewhere

I think the way it was done this year was really good for this year. There were no or very limited college tournaments for these guys to make a final impression. No pre-draft camp. No in-person workouts. Schools shutdown all spring. Many dealing with family Covid illnesses.

Focusing on the players and the joy of their families at the word that that their son/brother/cousin etc. is about to become a millionaire seems like the right way to go this year.

think the Knicks are gonna give him some money

Whatever makes you happy, but Hayward has made $120 million in his career, and was going to make another $34 million next season if he stayed in Boston. Two months ago, Boston lost in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. The Knicks have not made the NBA playoffs in 7 years, and have made it out of the first round once since the 1999-2000 season, that was 20 seasons ago. The Knicks franchise is a train wreck. People have different priorities, but a little surprised that whatever additional money that the Knicks may offer is worth playing irrelevant basketball games for the rest of his career.

To be fair when talking about Hayward, dude played in 139 out of a possible 281 games during his tenure with the Celtics, including playoffs. Does it really matter where the checks are coming from while he stays home rehabbing his injury du jour?

Back