• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Some 70s and 80s styles have made comebacks but 90s styles are dead and buried. I have plenty of friends who look much better now than in their teens and early 20s because we couldn’t dress for shit back then.

It was bad. I was just telling my wife about going into an Olympia sports in the mid 90s in northeast PA, and finding 1 remaining Nike Wake Forest shooting shirt. It was from Duncan’s senior year. It was a men’s large and I couldn’t have been more than 5 feet tall and 90 lbs then. My dad was saying I shouldn’t get it but I had to have it. I remember wearing it all the time. I bet if I could find it, it would still be somewhat big on me.

Watching this thing and seeing how competitive Jordan was makes it hard to comprehend what (to me anyway) appears to be his relative lack of drive/desire as owner of the Hornets.

Watching this thing and seeing how competitive Jordan was makes it hard to comprehend what (to me anyway) appears to be his relative lack of drive/desire as owner of the Hornets.

I'm sure it kills him that they haven't been better, but on the other hand, the value of the franchise has more than tripled since he bought it from Bob Johnson a little more than a decade ago, so that probably makes the mediocrity a little easier to swallow.

Like that Jordan keeps a bourbon drink near him when being interviewed.

Also like that Jordan never took a game off and always played to win and pushed his teammates to win. No load management for Jordan vs the pussies of today's game.

I honestly thinks that is why he keeps somewhat of a distance. When he is at the games he is completely into it and fired up. He'll get on the refs pretty hard and while he won't go in the huddle, he'll get in the players' ears when they come back to the bench.

Like that Jordan keeps a bourbon drink near him when being interviewed.

Also like that Jordan never took a game off and always played to win and pushed his teammates to win. No load management for Jordan vs the pussies of today's game.

That Roy Williams quote was so good. Something like: "Michael is the only player I've ever seen who could turn it on or off. And he never flippin' turned it off."

No load management for Jordan vs the pussies of today's game.

It's worth noting that we only had 15 years of Jordan and that the dude retired three times - and took off five years in total between his first two retirements (load management?) - during his career. I'm not sure if the vanity tour with the Wizards even counts, tbh, so we basically had 12 years of good Jordan.

He still averaged over 20 a game with the Wizards. That counts.

He still averaged over 20 a game with the Wizards. That counts.

Mike James and Collin Sexton averaged 20 a game on bad teams, too. Wizards went 74-90 during Jordan's brief tenure and didn't make the playoffs.

Honestly, diving back in to Jordan's career has solidified LeBron's case for GOAT in my mind.

Honestly, diving back in to Jordan's career has solidified LeBron's case for GOAT in my mind.

Not yet. A title (or two) for the Lakers would help LeBron's argument. The Lakers complete flop last season, in LeBron's first year in the West, hurt LeBron's GOAT claim. LeBron dominated the Eastern conference, but what was the next best team and player in the East during the LeBron reign from 2006 to 2018? Dwight Howard? Carmelo Anthony? Paul George? It was probably Dwayne Wade, and LeBron needed to play with him to win his first two titles. The East was just so bad during this time frame that it's hard to give LeBron that much credit for getting to the finals so often. Then, when he goes West, LeBron crashes and burns. Really hurts the GOAT narrative. Sucks for the King that the playoffs may be lost because winning a title this year, would wash away a lot of that argument.

I'm the opposite -- I think it further convinces my that Jordan was GOAT, but they're pretty different players

LeBron is clearly the better person

Not yet. A title (or two) for the Lakers would help LeBron's argument. The Lakers complete flop last season, in LeBron's first year in the West, hurt LeBron's GOAT claim. LeBron dominated the Eastern conference, but what was the next best team and player in the East during the LeBron reign from 2006 to 2018? Dwight Howard? Carmelo Anthony? Paul George? It was probably Dwayne Wade, and LeBron needed to play with him to win his first two titles. The East was just so bad during this time frame that it's hard to give LeBron that much credit for getting to the finals so often. Then, when he goes West, LeBron crashes and burns. Really hurts the GOAT narrative. Sucks for the King that the playoffs may be lost because winning a title this year, would wash away a lot of that argument.

Scottie Pippen was probably the 2nd best player in the league when he helped Jordan to six championships.

Honestly, diving into Strick’s posts has solidified the case that he’s just being contrarian for the sake of getting into arguments.

Scottie Pippen was probably the 2nd best player in the league when he helped Jordan to six championships.

No. Here are the players during that era that have more win shares than Pippen:

Hakeem Olajuwon
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Charles Barkley
Reggie Miller
Gary Payton
Clyde Drexler
Pat Ewing

While you can make an argument that Pippen and Wade are similar players, the problem with LeBron's time in the East is that the East sucked, and LeBron had a 3-6 record against the West in the NBA FInals (should've been 2-7 of Pop had kept Duncan at the end of Game 6 in 2013). Jordan was 6-0 in NBA finals, and would've been in more had he not missed 5 seasons.

I don't know think that is true

Karl Malone was 1st Team NBA all 11 seasons between 88-89 through 98-99; Barkley, David Robinson, and Hakeem all had higher peaks and won MVP awards

Pippen only ended up on three 1st-team all-NBA teams, though some of that was losing votes due to playing with Jordan

Back