• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

Forbes' boy, Nick Nurse, versus the Wunderkind Brad Stevens.

Perhaps, its heresy, but I wouldn't pick against Nurse.

with Lowry's status questionable and BosCon playing well, I think the Celts take it

Game 5 of the Bucks-Magic series was scheduled to tip 10 minutes ago, but the Bucks haven't taken the court yet

apparently active discussion among the Bucks to boycott the game in protest of the murder of Jacob Banks

I know there are more important things socially, but is this a forfeit, or something else?

Makes sense. The latest incident happened in Wisconsin. If the Raptors and/or Celtics boycott, it would not have the same local impact. Maybe this shuts down the NBA playoffs, that would suck, but understand the need to do more than kneel for the anthem.

i would think orlando would try to not accept a forfeit in this case.... maybe?

It's being reported that the Magic are joining the Bucks in boycotting.

Going to be difficult for other NBA teams to go ahead and play now.

Not sure what step can be taken to provide an adequate response to allow teams to return to play, and not feel like they are selling out or ignoring the cause. Once this type of momentum starts, it's hard to stop.

the big challenge is going to be creating some consensus and articulating what needs to happen for play to return if there are going to be ongoing (threats of) boycotts

Damn. On CNN, Bob Coatas just went all in criticizing Michael Jordan for not endorsing Harvey Gantt against a "blatant racist" in Jesse Helms back in the day.

Now he's taking on the RNC. This is a great take.

Game 5 of the Bucks-Magic series was scheduled to tip 10 minutes ago, but the Bucks haven't taken the court yet

apparently active discussion among the Bucks to boycott the game in protest of the murder of Jacob Banks
Jacob Blake.
Did he die?

I can't imagine the other games are going to be played today.

They aren't.

I don't know if it's going to be a boycott until something happens or just a one day protest and change the schedule a bit. Could go either way. I'm sure the conversations are happening now.

Back