• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Bama just scored again. It was funny, the start of the game Miami was trying to play with that old Miami attitude and swagger and after a few plays that was gone as they realized they are totally overmatched. I'm no Bama fan, but I've always disliked Miami, I don't care if they came into the league or not.

Official 2021 College Football Thread: It's September ! It's the South! It's Saturday

So according to Twitter apparently the greatest tradition in college football is Wisconsin students jumping around to Jump Around? Meh we did that years ago with Naz.

Sorry to break this to you, but much of our Prosser era Joel fan experience was stolen directly from Wisconsin. Tie-dyes, Hot Time, Jump Around.

Bama tends to make teams look like shit.

This may as well be Bama vs. anybody. Honestly, teams shouldn’t even bother lining up to play them non-con. I’d love for Wake to play any big time program except Bama. Just not worth it.

Sorry to break this to you, but much of our Prosser era Joel fan experience was stolen directly from Wisconsin. Tie-dyes, Hot Time, Jump Around.

This may as well be Bama vs. anybody. Honestly, teams shouldn’t even bother lining up to play them non-con. I’d love for Wake to play any big time program except Bama. Just not worth it.

Yeah, Miami may well be a solid top 15 team, but a solid top 15 team is still a mismatch against Bama these days.

Oh I know I just don’t really recall people gushing about this supposed sacred tradition at Wisconsin before. It’s fairly lame in the overall scheme of traditions. I think people are just horny for seeing crowds in stadiums again.

At least the Clemson-UGA game is at a neutral site so we don't have to watch a twenty minute pregrame feature about their dumb fucking desert rock.

Oh I know I just don’t really recall people gushing about this supposed sacred tradition at Wisconsin before. It’s fairly lame in the overall scheme of traditions. I think people are just horny for seeing crowds in stadiums again.

Oh I agree. The Gus Johnson hype was ridiculous even for him. And I think they took a commercial break before a punt around the 10 min mark to make up for coming back early for Jump Around. Few stadium traditions actually translate to a TV audience and there’s nothing wrong with that.

It’s no big deal to me anyway. I was in college shortly after Jump Around came out and was already jumping to Kris Kross’ Jump for years. What gets me is Jump Around is oldies music to today’s college kids. It’s like us dancing to Shout! back in the 90s.

There are kids in college now that weren't even born yet when Get Low came out. Jump Around might as well be ancient history to them.

At least the Clemson-UGA game is at a neutral site so we don't have to watch a twenty minute pregrame feature about their dumb fucking desert rock.

Or some shrubs and a dog.

Official 2021 College Football Thread: It's September ! It's the South! It's Saturday

There are kids in college now that weren't even born yet when Get Low came out. Jump Around might as well be ancient history to them.

Oh man. This year’s freshman class wasn’t born or barely born when “In Da Club” came out. They hadn’t even had a birthday to party like.

I’ve been barely paying attention to La-Lafayette vs Texas. Seems like Texas is always driving and hasn’t scored.

Last edited:
Oh man. This year’s freshman class wasn’t born or barely born when “In Da Club” came out. They hadn’t even had a birthday to party like.

I’ve been barely paying attention to La-Lafayette vs Texas. Seems like Texas is always driving and hasn’t scored.

I have not been impressed with Texas, but I think that is almost entirely a product of how unimpressed I am by UL-Lafayette. It feels like Texas should be blowing them out.

Does Maryland not suck anymore? Or does WVU just suck too? I don't really know what to make of this game.

La Tech missed a 46 yarder to beat Miss St after giving up a 20 point lead. I’ll never understand coaches sitting on 1st and 10 from the 30 with enough time and timeouts to set up a closer FG. They deserve to lose for that nonsense.

gus johnson, the play-by-play guy for the penn state-wisconsin game, is atrocious. it's bad enough that i'd rather watch a less interesting game.
"Here's a young man that got shot in the FACE last year!"

Doesn’t matter now, but did the rules guy say it didn’t matter if that punt hit a Clemson player first as long as it eventually hit a Georgia player?

That’s not how I understand the rule at all. Once it hits a player on the kicking team, the receiving team can advance it and even if they fumble, they get possession where the kicking team touched it. Did I hear him wrong?

Back