• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Kenneth Walker III just showed us how garbage the B1G is. He couldn’t even get nominated for All ACC at Wake and he destroyed the best defense in the Big Ten.

Fuck the B1G and fuck tOSU.

That’s your take from that game/performance?

Sometimes you are an actual cartoon character.

I guess it gets back to the bowl discussion. We’re competing with Louisville and FSU for the best bowls. Beating strong teams gets us a certain intangible advantage but in the win loss column, it’s different.

Wins and losses don’t matter for bowls as long as you get 7 wins.

Our schedule strength matters a lot… if we are competing for the playoff. But we’re not.

We are competing to get ranked, for better TV slots, attention, etc. That’s not enough to root for UNC in a Coastal game, but it’s part of the calculus.

So according to Twitter apparently the greatest tradition in college football is Wisconsin students jumping around to Jump Around? Meh we did that years ago with Naz.

Yeah I didn’t see a fat guy in a bucket hat leading the jumping, checkmate.

The Tulane-Oklahoma game has been pretty entertaining. Way better than whatever the hell Penn State and Wisconsin are doing to each other.

I guess its going to take Oklahoma going to the SEC to realize they need to play defense.

If you aren't watching Tulane-Oklahoma switch to it now

gus johnson, the play-by-play guy for the penn state-wisconsin game, is atrocious. it's bad enough that i'd rather watch a less interesting game.

We are competing to get ranked, for better TV slots, attention, etc. That’s not enough to root for UNC in a Coastal game, but it’s part of the calculus.

I don't totally disagree, but it's week one. We don't know what we want to happen because this is everyone's first game. I just want Wake Forest to win all of its games. I'll enjoy the other games for what they are... Not necessarily because of what it does for Wake Forest. But it's especially nice when UNC loses. Also really enjoy when Duke & NCSU lose.

I'll wait on the scenario stuff until at least a month from now.

Haven't been overly impressed with anyone yet... Other than Alabama, but that's not surprising.

Really looking forward to LSU @ UCLA tonight because I have no idea what to expect.

L-O-fucking-L at Mack being like "most teams have a scrimmage this week and we had a real game".

You are the 10th ranked team in the country and lost to a coach on the hot seat, you old fart.

That's loser talk from Mack Brown.

Penn State played a similarly ugly game and found a way to beat a higher ranked Wisconsin at hostile Wisconsin.

Miami looks like shit. Not a good weekend for the depth of the league.

Haven't been overly impressed with anyone yet... Other than Alabama, but that's not surprising.

Really looking forward to LSU @ UCLA tonight because I have no idea what to expect.

Rutgers was actually impressive, not sure how good Temple is this year, but usually they aren't a pushover. Rutgers put 61 on them, in a 61-14 win.

Back