• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
Thought it was a good time to start a broader thread on college hoops with games set to start over the next week or so...

I had no idea this was happening... A PPV college basketball matchup that doesn't count.

Thought it was a good time to start a broader thread on college hoops with games set to start over the next week or so...

I had no idea this was happening... A PPV college basketball matchup that doesn't count.

I thought I read that these "scrimmages" had to be closed to the public?

I thought I read that these "scrimmages" had to be closed to the public?

You get 2 slots for "secret scrimmages" and/or "exhibitions"... This would be an exhibition, like we're playing on Tuesday against WSSU. It's just unusual to do it against another D1 opponent.

Not a "secret scrimmage" like what we just had with Ohio State on Sunday.

I defs thought he was older than 63

Nantz and Couples were roommates and teammates on the University of Houston Golf team

1588713074251.jpeg

You get 2 slots for "secret scrimmages" and/or "exhibitions"... This would be an exhibition, like we're playing on Tuesday against WSSU. It's just unusual to do it against another D1 opponent.

Not a "secret scrimmage" like what we just had with Ohio State on Sunday.
Got ya, yeah that's what threw me, I guess.

I guess the reason to do the exhibition at home against a DII opponent is the ticket revenue. But if you can get it on TV, it doesn't really matter. I wonder if this takes off. I'm not sure anybody would put out to see Wake play Vandy or something like that though.

Gotta fill those NIL coffers.

Syracuse down 28-24 near the end of the first half against Indiana (PA).

Available to watch on ESPN streaming.

UNC inks Hubert to a 6 year contract extenstion: lots of incentives, but the terms are comparatively modest.

Davis will receive an average of $2.8 million per year, starting with $2.3 million for the upcoming season and increasing to $3.1 million for the final year. Performance bonuses could add another nearly $1.1 million per season.

This shit is just laughable at this point. The NCAA's ability to stall, let the hype die down, and then brush these violations under the rug on technicalities is amazing.

The Independent Resolution Panel (IRP) announced Thursday that Louisville avoided a postseason ban and other significant sanctions in the infractions case that began with the FBI's 2017 investigation into corruption around college basketball and the school's relationship with former star recruit Brian Bowen Jr.

Louisville was also given a two-week ban on unofficial visits and a public reprimand and censure. The panel concluded that the NCAA failed to show "evidence" that Adidas, cited as an orchestrator of a scheme to funnel recruits to its partner schools, "was a representative" of the university.

The NCAA's notice of allegations cited Pitino for failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance. Multiple people tied to Adidas have been indicted and imprisoned for their roles in the corruption scandal, but the panel determined that both Pitino and Adidas were not at fault. "As a result, the hearing panel did not find any additional violations for Louisville related to actions by the apparel company or its employees in this case," the panel said in a statement. "Additionally, the hearing panel determined no violation by [Pitino] occurred given that he demonstrated he promoted an atmosphere of compliance."
The Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP) was created in 2019 as an alternative for schools that wanted their cases to be heard by people outside of NCAA Division I athletics. The process has been clogged by delays and complications, and the NCAA has decided to eliminate the IARP after it handles its upcoming cases.
Louisville basketball, former coaches avoid major sanctions

They effing placed Louisville on probation for 2 years and fined them . . . $5000. Louisville was already on probation for the strip club issues when the Bowen evidence came out.

This stuff, the transfers, the one-and-dones, it just makes it really hard to get into college basketball any more.

Back