• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

Oh I'm pretty sure he'll survive it. "If" in my post does a lot of heavy lifting.

The host definitely paused to think but he kept going seemingly figuring he may get the most out of a soon to be viral clip.
I kinda feel like his apology is genuine enough to the point where he might be able to survive this one

But what a weird, unforced error by Huggy Bear

Yeah. That was a good apology by the WVU PR folks. I'd like to see a personal in-person apology though.

If West Virginia fires him for that, where is he going to end up? Because West Virginia would be the obvious choice if he was fired from anywhere else for the same thing.
Liberty couldn't hire Huggins fast enough if they have an opening anytime soon.

Denny Crum dead. I still remember him being so pissed when Louisville lost to Wake in the Sweet Sixteen that he shoved a camera out of his face. . . . RIP.

I don't think it's been mentioned that former tOSU President Gordon Gee is the President at WVU. This is the same guy who presided over players at tOSU getting free cars and tattoos under Tressel and then hired Urban Meyer. He's 79. Ain't no way he's going to get rid of Huggins.

looks like Huggy bear is going to survive but take a million dollar paycut and attend sensitivity training. Massive loss of respect for that guy, especially since to this date he hasn't gone on camera to address it. P.S. I wish I could be in the room for that sensitivity training

looks like Huggy bear is going to survive but take a million dollar paycut and attend sensitivity training. Massive loss of respect for that guy, especially since to this date he hasn't gone on camera to address it. P.S. I wish I could be in the room for that sensitivity training
It may just be an online course.

New rules:

he NCAA Men's Basketball Rules Committee on Thursday approved several rule changes including a modification to the legal guarding position on block/charge scenarios involving defenders around the basket which will go into effect for the 2023-24 season. Under the new rule, a defender to draw a change must be in position at the time an offensive player plants a foot to go airborne to attempt a field goal. If the defender arrives after the offensive player plants a foot to launch towards the hoop, officials will be coached to call a block if or when contact occurs.

The rule change also states that a secondary defender would have to be outside the restricted area arc to legally draw a charge. Under the previous rules structure, defenders had to be in position to draw a charge before the offensive player went airborne.

The NCAA's Men's Basketball Rules Committee announced the changes Thursday after receiving feedback from membership that too many charges were being called throughout the season related to these types of block/charge plays. The goal in making the change will be to reduce the number of charges called and also to give officials more time to officiate the plays, the NCAA said.

"Our goal is to try to reduce the number of charges that are called," said Rick Barnes, Tennessee's coach and the committee chair, earlier this year when the rule change was initially proposed. "We want to give more time to the offensive player to adjust to defensive player movement and reduce the hard collisions that are taking place."

The others are relatively minor except allowing players to wear 0 through 99. That's ridiculous and unnecessary. Every team is going to have a #0 and #69.

Back