• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

I live in NC and I don't believe I have ever seen anyone wearing UConn gear. I have seen plenty of people wearing gear from Ky, Kansas, UCLA, Michigan, etc. etc. I do not consider UConn a national brand and don't think anyone really does - that is not to say they don't deserve to be considered a 'blue blood' basketball program, whatever that means exactly. Do you think the ratings would have been so low for the finals if Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, or one of several other school with more of a national brand had been playing? I doubt it.

As for Reese and Clark, no one cares about my opinion but Clark comes off as an incredibly talented, cocky athlete who talks junk during the game but behaves with total class off the court, while Reese comes off as as an incredibly talented athlete who taunts her valiant but vanguished opponent once the game is decided and then has no class off the court.
The more video in which I hear Reece talk, the more she nauseates me. Moron with a huge mouth.

A third of the country quit watching the NBA after BLM. Culture wars.

Down 14-15% from UNC-KU really isn't that bad, given how marquee those teams are and that that game was competitive whereas Monday was not. I think most would have assumed it would be way worse

ESPN is so far up the NBA's ass that "the Entertainment and Sports Network" leaves the impression that sports fans are passionate about the NBA when most, as in almost all, are not. Particularly, regular season NBA. Unless you have a particular interest in a team or a player, regular season NBA is nearly impossible to watch.

No Thompsons. No Boeheims.

In all seriousness, I'm glad they are playing. They should play more often, if not every year.

Are we talking about Syracuse v. G'town?

Not sure why this is news. Those two have played an OOC game against each other each season since 2016. Like every Hoya opponent, Cuse throttled G'town by 19 last December.

Are we talking about Syracuse v. G'town?

Not sure why this is news. Those two have played an OOC game against each other each season since 2016. Like every Hoya opponent, Cuse throttled G'town by 19 last December.

I clearly did not know that.

I had thought they stopped playing each other a few years ago.

Oops.

Back