• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

That's an apology that a PR staffer wrote for him. Until he gets in front of a camera and states who he is apologizing to and why he is apologizing then he hasn't done shit. I suspect that he knows he getting fired so why bother. I mean those words just rolled off his tongue (twice!!) like he drops it in casual conversation everyday.

That's an apology that a PR staffer wrote for him. Until he gets in front of a camera and states who he is apologizing to and why he is apologizing then he hasn't done shit. I suspect that he knows he getting fired so why bother. I mean those words just rolled off his tongue (twice!!) like he drops it in casual conversation everyday.
This. The university is putting out the fire. He’s packing his bags.

If West Virginia fires him for that, where is he going to end up? Because West Virginia would be the obvious choice if he was fired from anywhere else for the same thing.

FYI. For context, Bill Cunningham is a huge talk radio personality in Cincinnati and is also massively conservative and a Catholic. Frankly, he's pretty awful and has been spewing borderline stuff on the airways for decades now. Huggins likely made the comment in jest because he knows Cunningham is a Catholic, but it's certainly an awful comment and I think you could hear Cunningham take a beat when Huggins actually said it, as in "Did he really just say that on air?"

So Cincy media will likely have two "cancels" on its record now due to the use of the homesexual F-slur with Thom Brennaman being the first.

FYI. For context, Bill Cunningham is a huge talk radio personality in Cincinnati and is also massively conservative and a Catholic. Frankly, he's pretty awful and has been spewing borderline stuff on the airways for decades now. Huggins likely made the comment in jest because he knows Cunningham is a Catholic, but it's certainly an awful comment and I think you could hear Cunningham take a beat when Huggins actually said it, as in "Did he really just say that on air?"

So Cincy media will likely have two "cancels" on its record now due to the use of the homesexual F-slur with Thom Brennaman being the first.
hey speaking of which

If West Virginia fires him for that, where is he going to end up? Because West Virginia would be the obvious choice if he was fired from anywhere else for the same thing.
Yeah. You never know, but the coach of WV basketball would be the one to survive this if any coach would. Could see Huggy possibly surviving this.

Listen to the interview. Huggins is completely unfiltered. You could tell he had pre-existing relationship with the radio host, and as always, Huggins played up his cranky 'I don't GAF act' (which is sometimes funny to me.... maybe I am an outlier). As soon as he dropped the "f bomb", you could tell the host thought to himself, "Not sure if Huggy Bear realizes that he forgot to turn on his 'we are on the radio' filter; this is going to get bad for Huggins".

so, did Xavier fans throw dildos on the court at Cincinnati players or not?

Oh I'm pretty sure he'll survive it. "If" in my post does a lot of heavy lifting.

The host definitely paused to think but he kept going seemingly figuring he may get the most out of a soon to be viral clip.

Back