• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

Losers last night:

Sam Houston State beat Oklahoma (52-51)
Florida Gulf Coast beat USC (74-61)
Stetson beat Florida State (83-74)
Wagner beat Temple (76-73 OT)

That's about it for "embarrassing" losses, which is kind of surprising given there were a ton of games last night.

Interesting that USC is playing FGCU, in Enfield’s 9th year at USC. It’s not like the game is a regional rivalry.

Last night is the worst opening night slate I can remember. Pumped basketball is back, but even scanning through ESPN+ games throughout the night I struggled to find many entertaining games.

UCF lost at home in double overtime to UNC-Asheville, so that's a nice win for the Bulldogs.

Queens also got their first ever D1 win, beating Marshall!

Somebody tell me when Hubert and Scheyerface are going to get their first losses. I’m already sick of this new generation of blue love. Not that their first losses will stop that.

UNC on Nov. 30th at Indiana, Duke next Tuesday against Kansas, especially if their two stud freshmen don't play.

Interesting that USC is playing FGCU, in Enfield’s 9th year at USC. It’s not like the game is a regional rivalry.
I'm guessing it was written into his buyout when he left for USC, they had to play a certain number of games vs. FGCU as part of the compensation.

BC, who many pick to finish ahead of WF in the ACC struggled with Cornell last night. BC was down 71-65 with 4 minutes left. BC hit a layup with one second left for the 79-77 win.

I'm guessing it was written into his buyout when he left for USC, they had to play a certain number of games vs. FGCU as part of the compensation.

I’m sure it was. That has become a common theme. I’m just surprised they are still doing it in year 9.

It's probably a big perk to travel from Fort Myers to LA. Helps with recruiting.

This is only the third game between FGCU and USC. They played in LA in 2019, in Fort Myers in 2021, and last night in LA.

This game wasn't a part of the Enfield USC contract. It was first announced as a 3-game series in April 2019.

Just noticed something weird (and surprising).

Memphis had a nice win @ Vandy last night. They played 9 players... All of whom are Seniors. That is unusual. When I think of Memphis, I think of Penny recruiting and playing one and done type guys. Not this year.

Just noticed something weird (and surprising).

Memphis had a nice win @ Vandy last night. They played 9 players... All of whom are Seniors. That is unusual. When I think of Memphis, I think of Penny recruiting and playing one and done type guys. Not this year.
Has to be all from the portal.

WF's next opponent GA, played11 in their win over WCU. 8 of the 11 were transfers. Of the three that did not transfer to another school:

1 was a former walk-on;
1 is a true frosh (who will probably transfer at some point)
1 actually received a scholarship to attend GA out of HS, and has stayed at least one year with the same program.

Also, Jailyn Ingram missed last night's game with an injury, but is expected to contribute for UGA-- Ingram is also a transfer.

Don't oppose the free transfer idea, but it didn't take long before many if not most teams are entirely made up of either transfers or players that will transfer. A player that accepts a scholly and stays with the same program for 4 years is a becoming extinct.

Last edited:
There are 11 players listed as Redshirt Senior or Fifth Year. 8 are transfers. The other three are from Memphis.

True, but a number of those 8 were also with Memphis last year (meaning they transferred in a year or two ago).

Kendric Davis was their best player last night... He just came over from SMU.

Yeah. I didn't say they were recent transfers just transfers.

WF's next opponent GA, played11 in their win over WCU. 8 of the 11 were transfers. Of the three that did not transfer to another school:

1 was a former walk-on;
1 is a true frosh (who will probably transfer
1 actually received a scholarship to attend GA out of HS, and has stayed at least one year with the same program.

Also, Jailyn Ingram missed last night's game with an injury, but is expected to contribute for UGA-- Ingram is also a transfer.

Don't oppose the free transfer idea, but it didn't take long before many if not most teams are entirely made up of either transfers or players that will transfer. A player that accepts a scholly and stays with the same program for 4 years is a becoming extinct.
College basketball has gone full Fonz over the shark.

Back