• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

This quad stuff has everybody messed up. The goal is still to finish 1st in the regular season to get the top seed in the ACC Tournament. If not that, get a top 4 seed to advance to the quarterfinals. Upsets help us in the standings.

Yeah, it kind of feels like a fool's errand at this point in the season to worry about how other results impact Wake Forest basketball (aside from looking to see how some OOC teams do - like UVU or LMU).

We still don't really know how good teams are and it is more important for Wake to just win the games on the schedule vs. worrying about NET and Quad 1 vs 2.

But OTOH, if our ceiling is a bubble NCAA team... It may matter in the end.

Hopefully, Forbes, brings more of his mid-major experiences to the ACCT this year. Last year he implied he was more worried about the NCAAT. I get that it's not all in on winning the ACCT anymore, but you absolutely have to see it as a stepping stone to the NCAAT, or you get what we got last year.

I'd say this year it is more obvious than last year. I would think that if Wake got a double bye, we'd be in pretty good shape with current wins and the potential other wins we would need.

reminds me of people trying to adjust their rooting interests for Deacs' CFP path in October

That was one of my favorite things ever on these boards.

Not sure how you could look at our football schedule and think we had any shot of being a 0 or 1 loss team. And I tend to be an optimist, as evidenced by my belief that we could make the NCAAs this year.

As someone who has not paid attention to the selection process for, what, a decade until last year, I can’t stand all this Quad and NET talk.

It's annoying, for sure... But no more annoying that the RPI garbage they used in the past.

Yes. WF has two Quad 1 wins in the books, and opportunities for 4-6 more (2X UNC, Duke, UVA, probably at Miami, maybe VT). Win two of those and enough of the other games. Get to at least the ACC semis. That is the path.
At NC State and at Pitt are also likely going to be Q1. They're both Q1 as of now (top 75 on the road).

I'm going to @PIT with some Pitt friends of mine!
Any Q1 game is a huge game, so that's awesome. Capel has himself a generally competent team this year but that's as winnable a Q1 game as there is. Have to win that one.

Pitt’s arguable best player, Blake Hinson, played two years at Ole Miss, has not played in two years (was sick and missed a year at Iowa State, went into the transfer portal and sat there last year), and is now playing very well as a 23-year old junior.

Yes. WF has two Quad 1 wins in the books, and opportunities for 4-6 more (2X UNC, Duke, UVA, probably at Miami, maybe VT). Win two of those and enough of the other games. Get to at least the ACC semis. That is the path.
There is potential the Duke win ends up as Q2. They kind of suck, so going from 18 to 31 in next 60+ days is a possibility.

There is potential the Duke win ends up as Q2. They kind of suck, so going from 18 to 31 in next 60+ days is a possibility.
Definitely think this could happen. That team they ran out there against us was dogshit. Kind of a win-win though, because I savor every Duke loss.

Too bad they didn't have any of their top recruits for that game. :rolleyes:

Definitely think this could happen. That team they ran out there against us was dogshit. Kind of a win-win though, because I savor every Duke loss.
Even with Whitehead and Lively out, four 5 star recruit dogshit. That rag-tag bunch that WF worked would be rated miles ahead of the collective highest rated recruits in WF history.

Amazing how consistently they underperform. Historically OAD Duke teams have started off hot with wins against other good teams on neutral courts. Then, everyone else gets better while Duke stagnates down the stretch and loses.

Back