• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

Wes is 39. Cinci should have hired him when he was 26 - if they did, they’d be top 10 right now. He’s too old now.
How many natty titles would we have if we had hired him then, over or under 5?

Wes is gonna go 0-3 on the NCAA tourney. Two top 100 players is not going to fix this mess next year with it being UC's first year in the Big 12. Maybe if it was two top-10 guys. But not top-100. Unless Wes scores big time in the transfer market, which he hasn't been able to do yet.

Wes is gonna go 0-3 on the NCAA tourney. Two top 100 players is not going to fix this mess next year with it being UC's first year in the Big 12. Maybe if it was two top-10 guys. But not top-100. Unless Wes scores big time in the transfer market, which he hasn't been able to do yet.
Um, I’m sorry to call you a liar, but that can’t be correct because it was common knowledge on this board that Wes Miller was going to become the next John Wooden, Dean Smith and Coach K combined all into one and is not hiring him was the biggest mistake made since the Red Sox traded Bath Ruth to the Yankees.

Cincy thought they had the #1 recruit in the nation, Isaiah Collier, but apparently the Trojan NIL package is pretty sweet

wolpfack hanging tough and tied with #3 kansas late 1st half.

Last season ACC DFL and look better than Wake here early season. :(

Cincy thought they had the #1 recruit in the nation, Isaiah Collier, but apparently the Trojan NIL package is pretty sweet

Increasingly this is going to become the go-to excuse for recruiting misses. And maybe in cases like this it’s legit. But the art and science of recruiting have changed forever. Capt Obvious will return with more such hot takes tomorrow.

NCSU hanging tough... Down 63-65 with 5:55 left.

Good showing for them (and the ACC).

Our ACC-Big Ten Challenge opponent Wisconsin is tied at 65 to #3 Kansas with 1:35 left in OT.

FSU lost to Siena 80-63.

KU won 69-68 on a putback layup off a deflection with under a second left. Completely soul-crushing way to lose.

Last edited:
Good. Next Tuesday we will find out a lot about our team.

I know how this story goes. I'll switch over to see if UNC gets upset, but they get a lead and maintain the lead and win by 7-10 points. Not falling for it this time.

I know how this story goes. I'll switch over to see if UNC gets upset, but they get a lead and maintain the lead and win by 7-10 points. Not falling for it this time.
Been there, my friend. Been there.

Yep. I turned over there at Brazil-Serbia halftime, saw UNC's lead go from 1 to 5 after a Portland 3 got taken off the board, and I turned back.

Back