• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

Admittedly, I haven't watched a lot of college basketball this year...or in recent years.

But I've actually watched a fair amount this tournament
Now that Alabama and Houston are out you can't tell me that the most talented team still in the field isn't Texas

Hook 'Em
Hook ‘Em

The advanced stats are so flawed, so very very flawed.
It is obvious at this point
I love statistics. Hell, statistics are literally the reason I make an income. But statistics that can't defend themselves against scrutiny are just useless.
I see nothing in these new NET scores that show me anything other than a wild guess based on misperceptions and wild miscalculations. And I don't think these are statistics. I think these are misguided algorhythms.
Stat nerds/geeks certainly have a place in sports. But it isn't at the forefront. Numbers are important. But numbers can mislead too.

If there is one universal truth across all sports it’s this…. Trying to just sit on a lead and run the clock out is the best way to blow the game.

It is obvious at this point
I love statistics. Hell, statistics are literally the reason I make an income. But statistics that can't defend themselves against scrutiny are just useless.
I see nothing in these new NET scores that show me anything other than a wild guess based on misperceptions and wild miscalculations. And I don't think these are statistics. I think these are misguided algorhythms.
Stat nerds/geeks certainly have a place in sports. But it isn't at the forefront. Numbers are important. But numbers can mislead too.
☝️

Creighton has had 3-5 absolute prayer 3s go in, including a bank. Have gotten a few favorable whistles as well. “Luck” factored in, feels like this should be a tie game or Princeton lead. The 1-3-1 by Princeton has been very effective.

awww so cute.
A guaranteed defense given that NET is new

Or is it?

I don't know. I didn't pay attention much the last few years. But this year.. It was GARBAGE.
Let's do an experiment. Tell me when NET started and how I can find those rankings. I'll do the rest.

Creighton-San Diego State has strong November game at exotic location vibes

Creighton-San Diego State has strong November game at exotic location vibes
All of this........If San Diego State had beaten Arizona in the Maui semifinals this year, they would have played Creighton in the title game.....now they get the chance on a bigger stage.

Xavier might be the ugliest set of dudes I’ve ever seen on a court… no homo
finding other guys unattractive could never be considered homosexual

thinking you have to qualify calling other guy unattractive, however, could be considered a homosexual trait. Just weird.
and nobody does (or should) care if you are gay, dude. just be you. its all good.

Texas remains the best team alive that I've seen
If Disu was healthy it would be a massive gap.

They are so good. Wow.

finding other guys unattractive could never be considered homosexual

thinking you have to qualify calling other guy unattractive, however, could be considered a homosexual trait. Just weird.
and nobody does (or should) care if you are gay, dude. just be you. its all good.
It was a joke amigo.

Texas beats Kansas twice in the last week of the season, once on a neutral court by double digits.

Texas 2 seed, Houston 1 seed…

Back