• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

I know the season hasn't even started yet and I'm not ready to call Brandon Miller a bust, but I'm getting close. He is the heavily-desired shooter who can't shoot. Clank clank clank from three. Which should be manageable since he is 6'9", has a decent handle, and sees the floor well, so could contribute fine in other ways. But he spends the majority of the game hanging around the 3pt line negating all of those other skills. He is about 2 weeks of this continued play away from becoming the Black Adam Morrison.

I made the Adam Morrison comp to someone last night. It’s mind blowing that they didn’t pick Scoot based on fit yet they’re starting Rozier with LaMelo.

Brandon Miller is the type of player everyone wants but there are several players like him in the league at any time. Some are pretty good (Lamar Odom). Others are forgettable.

Last edited:
I've watched all the Hornet preseason games and most of the summer league games (I know, I know) and I'm both worried and intrigued by Miller. His Shooting is much much worse than advertised but his form is so smooth that it is hard to believe his shooting percentages. He also hangs out in the corner way too much as mentioned. On the other hand, he is a much better rebounder and passer than I thought he would be and he can get into the paint when he does get out of the corner and finish in creative ways. He reminds me of Derrick McKey (another Bama guy) who had a very solid NBA career but never made an All-Star team. All that being said, I would have picked Scoot.

I've watched all the Hornet preseason games and most of the summer league games (I know, I know) and I'm both worried and intrigued by Miller. His Shooting is much much worse than advertised but his form is so smooth that it is hard to believe his shooting percentages. He also hangs out in the corner way too much as mentioned. On the other hand, he is a much better rebounder and passer than I thought he would be and he can get into the paint when he does get out of the corner and finish in creative ways. He reminds me of Derrick McKey (another Bama guy) who had a very solid NBA career but never made an All-Star team. All that being said, I would have picked Scoot.
Not to the full degree, but he reminds me a lot of Ben Simmons in the way someone apparently once told Simmons he should be a PG because it would be cool, so that is what he has in his head instead of playing to his strengths. Someone apparently once told Miller that he should be a shooter since he has a smooth stroke, never mind it doesn't actually go in the basket. After the "lock him up" game at South Carolina, he shot 25% from the college 3pt line for the remainder of the season. That is fucking horrible. Yet he keeps hanging around the perimeter and firing away. His shooting sucked in college, it sucked in summer league, and it has sucked in the preseason. Yet he keeps hoisting. When he does get his ass in the lane you can see the talent. But he just doesn't do it. Hopefully Clifford realizes it soon and makes him do it. Otherwise, he has gigantic bust written all over him.

Yeah. Derrick McKey is one of many players in that same mold. He was a good version. His career intersected with Detlef Schrempf who was a higher-end player in that mold who made multiple All-Star games.

Not to the full degree, but he reminds me a lot of Ben Simmons in the way someone apparently once told Simmons he should be a PG because it would be cool, so that is what he has in his head instead of playing to his strengths. Someone apparently once told Miller that he should be a shooter since he has a smooth stroke, never mind it doesn't actually go in the basket. After the "lock him up" game at South Carolina, he shot 25% from the college 3pt line for the remainder of the season. That is fucking horrible. Yet he keeps hanging around the perimeter and firing away. His shooting sucked in college, it sucked in summer league, and it has sucked in the preseason. Yet he keeps hoisting. When he does get his ass in the lane you can see the talent. But he just doesn't do it. Hopefully Clifford realizes it soon and makes him do it. Otherwise, he has gigantic bust written all over him.
I seriously think I may be falling in love with 2&2

it's hard to fathom how bad and unlucky the panthers and hornets have been in recent drafts

EHHHHH lets not pretend scoot is that close to Wemby

Not at all. The gap between Wemby and Scoot may be as big as the gap between Scoot and the rest of the class. Scoot would be a no brainer #1 in any other draft though. I would have been hyped to get him.

Not at all. The gap between Wemby and Scoot may be as big as the gap between Scoot and the rest of the class. Scoot would be a no brainer #1 in any other draft though. I would have been hyped to get him.
So it's still a 1 man class, with a decent second option (who is probably #tooathletic though) they didn't take. Still very frustrating to miss out on #1 by a single spot yet again when the 1 player is that far ahead of everyone else.

Anyways the Hornets are unlucky and dumb is my point

Somehow deep down I know the Hornets get the 2024 #1 pick and draft Sarr's little brother

Back