• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

not watching but is the Wemby box score reflective of his court time tonight

Yeah. He played 27 minutes and forced a lot of shots on O and blocked a lot of shots on D. Wemby doesn't need to be the #1 option on offense on the main team and probably shouldn't on this team either. They were trying to use him like Jokic. I doubt Pop will do that during the season, at least I hope not.

The Spurs shot 33.3% from the field and the Hornets shot 29.9%. It was an ugly game.

I like summer league but the tea leaves left after I drink basically always feel deceptive

Wemby’s gonna stumble into 2-3 blocks a game just by being out there.

I think you're supposed to just stir and sip the tea in Summer League not drink it.

JJJ led the league with 3.0 blks. Kessler had 2.3 blks. Manute Bol had the most blocks per game as a rookie with 5.0. David Robinson had 3.9. I think Wemby will be in that range.

It’s crazy to me that unofficially retired Jeff Teague is considered a top tier former player storyteller. I couldn’t have told you what his voice sounded like until the Jimmy Butler story.

Wemby wasn't as athletic as I thought he would be. He was even a bit...awkward? He kept losing his balance and falling down or landing awkwardly and stumbling. he is going to get dunked on a lot. On the plus side, he had some nice offensive moves where his shot didn't fall and he probably hits those shots in a few months with more experience.

Yeah Kai Jones annihilated Wemby on a dunk. I think he'll get the Shawn Bradley treatment until he proves he can stop it. Wemby kind of sucked on offense, like a more athletic, though clumsy, but significantly worse shooting Porzingis. On defense yeah he'll get a bunch of blocks just by being there and sort of moving his feet well without tripping. He unintentionally hits the floor a lot for someone his size, it will be interesting to see how his health holds up.

Miller wasn't great but was significantly better than his prior two games. Someone must have told him he needed to be more aggressive to avoid being a national joke. He finished with 16 and 11, and the 11 rebounds were impressive as he and Wemby were mostly locked on each other. They really need to cut Bouknight today or designate him with a fake injury. He routinely hijacks the offense and wastes so many possessions that could be used to give the younger guys more opportunity. This summer league team has no true point guard, so the result is whatever combo guard gets the defensive rebound tries to take it coast to coast and throws up a bad shot.

Wemby wasn't as athletic as I thought he would be. He was even a bit...awkward? He kept losing his balance and falling down or landing awkwardly and stumbling. he is going to get dunked on a lot. On the plus side, he had some nice offensive moves where his shot didn't fall and he probably hits those shots in a few months with more experience.
Wemby showed that he really needs some physical maturing. He doesn't yet have enough muscle on those long limbs. He showed a nice stroke from three point range.

glad to see we are all following the official rules for summer league: does it confirm what i already thought? it means something. does it contradict something i thought? it's just summer league.

Back