• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t imagine having enough money to chip in a large amount to fire a guy who would have cost $7.5 million less to fire in two weeks. I can’t imagine being so flippant with money I earned.

Do they think the interim coach is going to beat OU?

I can’t imagine having enough money to chip in a large amount to fire a guy who would have cost $7.5 million less to fire in two weeks. I can’t imagine being so flippant with money I earned.

OU is only favored by 14 right now. I'm tempted to go in with a decent bet on them.

If they had just kept him until October 1 I believe the payout for his contract would have been half of what it will now be. Firing him now cost the university millions of extra dollars. Wonder who they'll throw the bank at to try and return them to long-lost glory days.

It’s the kind of shit that pisses me off about the consolidation. That’s just absolutely egregious mismanagement.

Syracuse is looking like a Division contender with how their schedule lines up. They have to play at Clemson but have proven they can play well there in recent years.

Syracuse is looking like a Division contender with how their schedule lines up. They have to play at Clemson but have proven they can play well there in recent years.
Their last 3 games in Clemson they have lost 47-21, 27-23, and 54-0. So one good game

So yes, they can play well there in recent years.

If they had just kept him until October 1 I believe the payout for his contract would have been half of what it will now be. Firing him now cost the university millions of extra dollars. Wonder who they'll throw the bank at to try and return them to long-lost glory days.
I know it was crazy to fire him now given those circumstances, but i watched the end of that game and my thought was he already knew he was done.
It’s the kind of shit that pisses me off about the consolidation. That’s just absolutely egregious mismanagement.
I know, but to hear the AD and some in the media, they just had to make this move now, why????? I love sports, college football in particular, but the way some of these programs just throw away money bothers me. I honestly think Frost already knew he was getting canned at the end of that game. I was watching and he gave all the body language that would say, "well that's it."

From mid-October on their schedule is brutal. They could serve as a huge help to us if they can knock of one of Clemson/State/FSU. I am glad we play them at home this season.

They could definitely be 5-0 (Pudue, UVA, Wagner - all at home) going into a BYE then another home game against State.

After that, they have @Clemson, ND, @Pitt, FSU, @wake, @BC. If they go 3-3 in that stretch, that would be a great season from them. Getting to more than 5 ACC wins would be asking a lot.

I just realized that starting with Army on Oct. 8, the Deacs only have to leave North Carolina once for a game the rest of the season (Louisville). That is nice.

Wake might be visiting a 4-0 FSU team on 10/1, the week after we host Clemson. That game is going to be tough psychologically, regardless of the outcome against Clemson.

ND's starting QB Tyler Buchner has a shoulder injury and "will miss four months" which, unless ND convinces college football to extend the season past mid-January, is a season ending injury. Sophmore Drew Pyne who has been OK in limited duty, was 3 for 6 with a TD and a pick against Marshall, is now the ND starter. True Frosh Steve Angeli is now the backup QB. FWIW, former WF commit and HS class of 2019 QB recruit Brendon Clark (Brian Kelly flipped him) transferred from ND to ODU in 2021. Clark has yet to take a snap for ODU.

I haven't watched either of ND's games closely but Buchner looked pretty meh to me

I haven't watched either of ND's games closely but Buchner looked pretty meh to me
Agreed, but guess that Buchner started for a reason. ND hosts Cal this week. Line has dropped from 12.5 to 9.5. Under is an auto-play when a starting QB goes down. Typically, the play-calling is a little more conservative and the defense steps up, at least for the first game.

A&M is systematically working to remove this video from Twitter, The thing is they weren't embarrassed by it before they lost.

That’s a lot of “tradition” for a team that goes 8-5 every season and hasn’t even won a conference championship in 24 years.

This speech was so bad it's non-energy immediately spread through and infected the entire campus and guaranteed a loss

Back