• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of weird that Schrader looks a lot like Armstrong this year and Armstrong looks a lot like DJ.

Somehow I don’t think Currie is anxious to get Tennessee on the schedule

You don’t think Currie and Clawson would want a shot at the Vols?

I doubt Currie or UT have much interest in scheduling a football game that would be a sideshow.

Why would it be a sideshow any different than any Tennessee game is a sideshow?

Why are you asking me to provide an obvious answer to your question ?

The obvious answer is that Currie and Clawson used to work at Tennessee, but not nearly enough people care about that for it to be a sideshow. So I'm curious why you think it would be a sideshow.

The obvious answer is that Currie and Clawson used to work at Tennessee, but not nearly enough people care about that for it to be a sideshow. So I'm curious why you think it would be a sideshow.

Are you serious ? They literally spent months publicly destroying Currie. And the national media would jump all over that story again. Hardly any reporter would be responsible enough to point out that Mike Leach has got things going at Miss St now and Fulmer and Pruitt were an embarrassment.

They literally spent months years ago. I guess I'll take your word for it. I don't follow SEC grudges like that.

Are you serious ? They literally spent months publicly destroying Currie. And the national media would jump all over that story again. Hardly any reporter would be responsible enough to point out that Mike Leach has got things going at Miss St now and Fulmer and Pruitt were an embarrassment.
Yeah, but I think Currie would resist it more for just that reason. He has the right to still be sour over Fulmer's power play dick moves, which in the end did not result in any improvement with the football program. But Currie at this point is probably the only guy who would resist that matchup. Pretty sure Tennessee has moved on.

It's not going to happen, but if Currie could get Georgia, Tennessee, or OU on the schedule, that would be huge.
Tennessee is a pretty short drive. I’ve been a broken record saying that Tennessee and UofSC should be OOC targets. UGA is not much further.

We should look at games against teams like SMU, Marshall, Bowling Green, Tulsa, Southern Miss, JMU, FAU, FIU, etc for our non P5 non FCS games.

Yeah and isn't it some weird military cult thing, too? I was always indifferent to A&M, and had no issues with their fans at the Belk Bowl but after the Gator Bowl shenanigans last year they can get fucked forever. Such a sham that they were too scared to lose to Wake last year and yet they cosplayed as a top 10 team this year.
Like VaTech it began as an all-male military-type school (think The Citadel). Tech's ROTC has its own band in addition to the university band (The Highty Tighties). A&M still takes it to the next level.

lol, fuck off Jack D. Two Wake QBs ahead of Drake

Is North Carolina’s Drake Maye the best QB in the ACC or clearly the best QB in the ACC? — Jack D.

Navarro:
Right now, if we’re going simply off numbers and performance through Week 2, I’d give the slight nod to Syracuse’s Garrett Shrader over Maye.

Shrader has the highest adjusted completion percentage in the league (89.4 percent), highest NFL passer rating (145.7) and a perfect 5-0 touchdown to interception ratio. Shrader has also run for 167 yards and three touchdowns, not including sacks.

Maye has the second-best adjusted completion percentage in the league (81.5 percent), the fourth-highest NFL passer rating (135.8) and a near-perfect 11-1 touchdown to interception ratio. His six big-time throws are tops in the league, and he has run 12 times for 158 yards and a score, not including sacks.

It would be a fun exercise to rank the ACC’s quarterbacks with our own scoring system that combines what they do both as passers and runners, taking into account how they perform under pressure and quality of opponent. But I’d prefer to start maybe next week when we’ve got a little bit more of a sample to work with.

In the meantime, here’s a look at some numbers comparing the league’s starters thus far.

ACC quarterbacks (w/adjusted completion percentage)

Garrett Shrader89.4%2645-0145.7
Sam Hartman66.7%3004-0143.5
Mitch Griffis81.5%1443-0138.3
Drake Maye81.5%31011-1135.8
Tyler Van Dyke81.4%2243-1117.7
Riley Leonard78.0%2843-1113.8
Jordan Travis70.8%233.52-0110.3
Devin Leary
team-logo-168-50x50.png
67.9%224.55-1103.3
Kedon Slovis71.7%251.52-1100.7
DJ Uiagalelei82.1%220.53-198