• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to say fuck the entire Pitt program and fan base.

Not that I needed any more reason to loathe them, but Narduzzi made an ass out of himself on SVP last night after the game. Fuck those assholes.

lol

Some of y'all sure go out of your way to find reasons to be angry.

Re: Oregon/Uga, at least interesting Lanning wanted Nix of all the options avail even after his defenses shut him down so thoroughly, guess he sees something in him

did not realize Bo Nix transferred to Oregon

if I remember correctly he kinda sucks at QB

Word has it that Josh Downs is a no-go tomorrow against Happy Appy in Boone.

Appy now -130 ML at Caesars

Official 2022 College Football Thread - UNC-CH at App State, Noon, Pick Em' !!!!!!!

I’d prefer a different system but oh well. I hope at least only conference champs get byes. It would suck for Bama, Georgia, OSU, and Michigan to get byes while conference champs have to fight to advance. It can’t all be the whims of pollsters.

The Brent Pry Era isnt off to a great start for the Hokies versus ODU.

That's interesting to me. I don't see App having much of a chance. UNC is more accustomed to bigger stages, they already had their warm-up game as noted, QB looks good, and the crowd will be filled with Carolina blue. The Heels didn't put ASU on their schedule so they could roll into Boone and lose. Hope I'm wrong.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/article264802134.html

Rather long read, but it gives a good overview of how Boone is the ultimate college town in N.C. on football Saturdays. If there are 2K Hole fans in attendance tomorrow I'll be surprised.*

*Edited to clarify UNC "football" fans; there will likely be 25K UNC "basketball" fans there as well.

That’s sort of what I’m getting at. If there’s a team to come into Boone to somewhat negate that home field advantage, I think it would be Carolina. Think of how many App fans are there who also go for UNC and have always wanted to see them come to town.

I suspect the "details" include getting paid for the extra games. ESPN has the contract currently. Probably a lot higher number of dollars if it is competitively bid. However, what does ESPN want as compensation for giving up the last few years of exclusive rights they already paid for? Rumor has it they want exclusive right to bid the new playoffs. No competition would likely mean lower payments by the network.

Old Dominion's offense is inept.

Western Mich making a little comeback on Sparty.

These games are awful. That was one of the worst PIs I’ve ever seen called on an uncatchable ball I’ve ever seen that bailed out ODU on 4th down. Just look at the offensive stats for both teams. Brutal.

Predict another App W over the Holes. Don't think Maye will have quite the yards he did vs FAMU.

Elko has Duke looking pretty good vs Temple.

Last edited:
Temple looks horrific though TBF, will be interesting to see Duke against someone else. Seems like some similar elements to Wake O with mesh and quick tempo components

Back