• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ODU has improved a lottt since we saw them 364 days ago.

And the Sun Belt East is pretty beastly TBF.

ODU beat VT just a few years ago, IIRC. Also, I'm thinking they had a better QB when we faced them. This guy struggled all night throwing the ball, except that last completion.

Yeah, you would have thought he would have packed on the pounds while at Arkansas.

Important information here. Why do ACC schools play so many G5 road games?

Wow. This is beyond embarrassing for the ACC. If UNC-CH loses tomorrow Wake, Clemson, and the other football schools should announce their intention to apply to join the SEC.

Really shocking they lost AGAIN at ODO after 2019. Last Tech visit to Norfolk for awhile? Rough first game for the new coach. I have a feeling UNC will spank App today.

I had forgotten about the shit fit Hokie fans had when it was rumored their AD was after Clawson last November. That was a level of delusion about their place in the universe that usually only State fans can get to.

Official 2022 College Football Thread - UNC-CH at App State, Noon, Pick Em' !!!!!!!

Really shocking they lost AGAIN at ODO after 2019. Last Tech visit to Norfolk for awhile? Rough first game for the new coach. I have a feeling UNC will spank App today.

Tech and ODU are scheduled to play each other annually at both locales through 2031. A new legitimate rivalry that Tech never expected or wanted.

Tech and ODU are scheduled to play each other annually at both locales through 2031. A new legitimate rivalry that Tech never expected or wanted.

It was a fluke result. VT outrushed and outpassed ODU. VT's QB threw 4 picks, and the Hokies still would've won had the VT DB not overran the under thrown ball at the goal line. This is as low as VT football is going to get as they are going through a coaching transition and starting a transfer QB from Marshall (and right now, he is terrible). Clawson's first year at WF, the Deacs lost at ULM. Way early to judge where VT football is going under Pry. ODU was really lucky last night. ODU won't beat VT again through 2031.

Let's not act like this doesn't happen to other conferences in the last 10 years Florida has lost to GA Southern, LSU has lost to Troy, S. Carolina has lost to Citadel, and Miss State has lost to South Alabama.

It was a fluke result. VT outrushed and outpassed ODU. VT's QB threw 4 picks, and the Hokies still would've won had the VT DB not overran the under thrown ball at the goal line. This is as low as VT football is going to get as they are going through a coaching transition and starting a transfer QB from Marshall (and right now, he is terrible). Clawson's first year at WF, the Deacs lost at ULM. Way early to judge where VT football is going under Pry. ODU was really lucky last night. ODU won't beat VT again through 2031.

Let's not act like this doesn't happen to other conferences in the last 10 years Florida has lost to GA Southern, LSU has lost to Troy, S. Carolina has lost to Citadel, and Miss State has lost to South Alabama.
How is it a fluke? Didn't it also happen a few years ago? And those picks didn't happen in a vacuum. It's too early in Pry's tenure to dismiss this as a fluke.

There is zero excuse for VT to ever lose this game. Yet here we are.

Official 2022 College Football Thread - UNC-CH at App State, Noon, Pick Em' !!!!!!!

See the tweet I posted. It doesn’t happen to other conferences. Other conferences play far fewer G5 opponents on the road.

In the playoff era:

ACC: 20 losses at G5 teams

SEC: 22 total games at G5

Last edited:
Way too early to judge where VT football is going under Pry. ODU was really lucky last night. ODU won't beat VT again through 2031.

By and large I get it but don’t these statements contradict each other? We definitely don’t know where VT is going so we don’t know they’ll never lose again.

My point was that Tech surely agreed to this to have a very winnable game in a recruiting hotbed for the next decade, and now it’s morphed into something slightly different.

The corpse of Lee Corso actually has the mental capacity the right claims Biden displays.

If State loses to ECU we probably just disband the ACC tonight

Dink and dunk Leary still cannot throw a deep ball

I think Holes and pack both going to roll, but this has the potential to be a shit bed of epic proportions.

Back