• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Wake loses at lewisville and at the wolpfack to fall completely out of the rankings from #10 over the two week span, but the wolpfack lose at home to DFL bc and stay in the rankings at #24??!

I noticed that too, but couldn't bring myself to really give a shit, as they have a win over Wake and only three losses.

I'll reiterate that I think the Heels are underranked based on having lost only one game. Worth pointing out that UNC-CH was losing to ND 45-20 early in the 4th quarter though.

NC State is still ranked because their AD is on the committee.

BTW, it's weird that the CFP committee who is tasked with selecting the 4 teams that make the CFP ranks 25 teams. That would be like the NCAAT Selection Committee identifying teams 69 through 90 who didn't make the NCAAT. Really don't think the committee spends a lot of time breaking down whether Oregon State or Boise State should be #25.

Last edited:
NC State is still ranked because their AD is on the committee.

BTW, it's weird that the CFP committee who is tasked with selecting the 4 teams that make the CFP ranks 25 teams. That would be like the NCAAT Selection Committee identifying teams 69 through 90 who didn't make the NCAAT. Really don't think the committee spends a lot of time breaking down whether Oregon State or Boise State should be #25.
I think it's to back up their Top 10 choices. They can say so and so beat 3 Top 25 teams while this other team hasn't played any Top 25 teams.....

I think it's to back up their Top 10 choices. They can say so and so beat 3 Top 25 teams while this other team hasn't played any Top 25 teams.....
Understand that it's used to claim that a team has a top 25 win, but it's bogus unless every team is going to get ranked. So, a team gets "credit" for beating #24 NC State, but no credit for beating Baylor, who would be favored over NC State on neutral field?

Once UNC-CH beats State they won't be ranked in the final poll anyway.

If Cunningham plays, State isn't winning at L'ville.

Yeah, I was giving the best case scenario for Clemson or UNC-CH regarding a ranked NC State team.

I guess if State wins out that looks better for Clemson.

FSU is up to #19 with a game remaining against Florida. AR looked pretty good against A&M and USC.

Tennessee had a very hard time with Florida back in September.

Do you only get to count top 25 wins whenever a team is ranked or at the end of the season? Like after we beat a ranked FSU they were unranked. So did that count as a ranked win during the time they were out of the top 25? Does State’s win over us count as a top 25 win?

Time for Georgia to play some tough competition now that their Coastal-ass division is going away

Time for Georgia to play some tough competition now that their Coastal-ass division is going away

East is 7-6 v the West this season. Only remaining game is Arkansas at Mizzou. The Mizzou choke against Auburn looms large.

Texas A&M has as many conference wins as Vandy.

yeah but a lot of years they avoid Bama or LSU. for once there was another tough East opponent in Tennessee.

yeah but a lot of years they avoid Bama or LSU. for once there was another tough East opponent in Tennessee.

Are you unaware that Georgia plays Florida and Auburn every year ? Things run in cycles.

Since 1965 there have been six teams in the current SEC who have laid claim to a National Championship. Three are in the West and three are in the East.

Are you unaware that Georgia plays Florida and Auburn every year ? Things run in cycles.

Since 1965 there have been six teams in the current SEC who have laid claim to a National Championship. Three are in the West and three are in the East.

Back