• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windy goes out of his way to see the best in conservatives which has generated arguments with the “harpies.” If you’ve lost Windy from the get go, you’re way out of bounds.

As you suspected, you are wrong. Have you never referred to someone or something with a difficult to pronounce name as something else that is easier to say? Where is your post condemning people who call Novak Djokovic "Joker" as racists?

The near-Pavlovian reaction on the part of many to accuse everything and everyone of racism is so fucking annoying.
I’d tell you to do better but you’d probably be offended by that. You seem to get offended at a lot of things on here.

Good grief! I’m sure some of you called “JR Can’t Read” or Rashad Mccunts or making fun of Jason Williams web page at duke. I guess it’s only racist when it’s teams you don’t hate. I mean I understand if he’s your friend and you’re asking me to spell his name right but honestly just being lazy as I have no idea how to spell and I guarantee my phone will autocorrect and f it up anyway.

Either or Clemson will be better off with Gabe Klub

Just occurred to me that I’ll be rooting for State a against Hartman on Saturday. Thankfully most of it is during our game so I won’t be paying attention.

It's pretty clear to me now that oo-ee-AHN-guh-luh-lay transferred from Clemson because his black teammates were racist! Naively, I thought it was because of his poor performance on the field, losing the starting job and a poor fit with the Clemson offense. Glad that's been cleared up.

It's pretty clear to me now that oo-ee-AHN-guh-luh-lay transferred from Clemson because his black teammates were racist! Naively, I thought it was because of his poor performance on the field, losing the starting job and a poor fit with the Clemson offense. Glad that's been cleared up.
Wat

Good grief! I’m sure some of you called “JR Can’t Read” or Rashad Mccunts or making fun of Jason Williams web page at duke. I guess it’s only racist when it’s teams you don’t hate. I mean I understand if he’s your friend and you’re asking me to spell his name right but honestly just being lazy as I have no idea how to spell and I guarantee my phone will autocorrect and f it up anyway.

Either or Clemson will be better off with Gabe Klub
How you can compare JR “Can’t Read” with saying Ukulele for DJ’s last name is dumbfounding, or more likely willfully ignorant.

How you can compare JR “Can’t Read” with saying Ukulele for DJ’s last name is dumbfounding, or more likely willfully ignorant.
Yeh I mean if you can call me a racist without knowing I’ve spent the last 20 years of my life serving my country and disabled because of that service or that I happily live in the most urban area of Atlanta or that I probably voted similar to you, I digress. At any rate Bless it and sorry for the emotional discomfort I caused and interpreted ingnorant comments. I’ll use full names from now on.

Clemson by 21 tonight. I believe that they still a much better team and am a believer in Garrett Riley and Will Shipley is a dog.

Yeh I mean if you can call me a racist without knowing I’ve spent the last 20 years of my life serving my country and disabled because of that service or that I happily live in the most urban area of Atlanta or that I probably voted similar to you, I digress. At any rate Bless it and sorry for the emotional discomfort I caused and interpreted ingnorant comments. I’ll use full names from now on.
Let’s drop the racist term here, as it seems to have ruffled quite a few feathers.

The point being made by most posters was that a name is central to someone’s identity, and using some obtuse nickname becomes you can’t be bothered to attempt to spell it is a blatant display that you don’t care about what their identity is and would prefer it to be Americanized. It’s just disrespectful, whether intentional or not.

Oh this is fun!! Wake fans are you ready for the smoke? I'm sure I'm talking to a bunch of 50 year olds that have no idea what success is..

We won a National Championship in the last decade. Surely that trumps Wake Military and Belk bowl appearances right?
How many coaches have you been through since then?

There’s two ways you can react to someone saying that something you said sounds racist:

1. Double down.
2. Acknowledge that wasn’t your intent but reflect that that was the impact and apologize and do better.

It’s so easy to do the second, even if it feels hard.

Back