• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah ok but a lot of those guys either aren’t playing or have already shit the bed and got benched. Are you saying we couldn’t have picked up a dude like Haynes King?
I’m saying a lot more than 5 P5 teams will take a QB next year, backed by the fact that more than 5 P5 teams did last year

I’m saying a lot more than 5 P5 teams will take a QB next year, backed by the fact that more than 5 P5 teams did last year
Fair enough - i guess I’m going back to the original question as to whether we could get a decent QB in the portal and it seems like there will be lots of options out there is Dave if willing to look. Our system (when working) and WR room are huge selling points.

Didn't somebody post that Wake is one of only a few P5 programs that hasn't taken a transfer QB?

Fire him for cause- STUPIDITY! He also lied at the post game presser about the RB stats.

And to think that he's done it before. :(

I assume you're half-joking but I watched the ending of that game again and it's really indefensible. Firing him for stupidity really wouldn't be an enormous stretch.

I have read, though, that this wasn’t precisely the same situation as there was a bit more clock than two kneeldowns’ worth if you include a timeout. Hence the word “basically” I suppose. But either way the tweet that showed how he essentially never kneels at the end of any games is the most indicting. It’s like he wants the player stats and maybe also hates losing team yardage numbers. I.e., he’s stubborn.

I have read, though, that this wasn’t precisely the same situation as there was a bit more clock than two kneeldowns’ worth if you include a timeout. Hence the word “basically” I suppose. But either way the tweet that showed how he essentially never kneels at the end of any games is the most indicting. It’s like he wants the player stats and maybe also hates losing team yardage numbers. I.e., he’s stubborn.
Yeah. It was 2nd and 3. Stanford had a timeout. Could have snapped it with 57 to play. Takes 4 seconds. Stanford burns its last timeout. Snap third with 53 to play. Takes 4 seconds. Let the clock run. 9 seconds left on 4th. Punt the ball out of bounds at the 10. Stanford has one play to go 90 yards.

Of course you can get your punt blocked.

Yeah, I don’t think these two situations are nearly as equivalent as folks are making them out to be.

Highway patrolman has a look on his face like, man I thought ushering him out was going to be easy until about three minutes ago

Apologize if this was already raised on this thread, but this isn't the first time Cristobal has done this.

In 2018, Oregon (coached by Cristobal) held a 3 point lead on Stanford with 51 seconds left, Stanford had one TO left and it was 2nd down and three; so, Oregon could simply take a knee and run out the clock to seal the win. Oregon refused to take the win, Oregon fumbled, and of course, Stanford kicked the tying FG, and then won in OT.

Also, note that future ACC member Stanford was #7 in the nation, and they beat Oregon and Justin Herbert at Autzen.

Back