• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on Clawson's presser last week, this was happening anyway.

According to his bio, Aguilar played two years at a CC and this is his first year at App. Unless he graduates, he won't be an option for Wake.

One thing that's going to hurt WF in the transfer market is that this upcoming senior class is the last one that will get the extra covid year, which means there will be far less college graduates in the transfer market. WF has issues taking transfers because WF does not accept transfer credits on a 1 for 1 basis, and all WF grads must earn at least half their credits at WF. This is not an issue for college grads.

As an example, essentially every current fourth year senior attending college, like the stud Penn pitcher that has already committed to WF baseball for 2024-25, has an extra year of eligibility left because their freshman year was the 2020-21 Covid season, which does not count. Next year's seniors (the current college juniors), will have exhausted their 4 years of eligibility if they played as freshman, and each year after that. Players such as Kobie Turner, Tyree Appleby and the Penn pitcher, would not be eligible to transfer for post grad year as they would have played 4 years of college before attempting to transfer.

Last edited:

I'll defend him on this one -- almost all coaches run the ball in this scenario. With a timeout in hand Stanford would've gotten the ball back with ~10-15 secs left so it's not like the game was over over.

Not necc saying that was the right thing to do, but I've watched enough football to know that in a scenario like that kneeling or finding some other creative way to burn clock would be the exception, not the rule

I'll defend him on this one -- almost all coaches run the ball in this scenario. With a timeout in hand Stanford would've gotten the ball back with ~10-15 secs left so it's not like the game was over over.

Not necc saying that was the right thing to do, but I've watched enough football to know that in a scenario like that kneeling or finding some other creative way to burn clock would be the exception, not the rule
Yeah it was definitely a different situation. If the punt gets blocked you’re fired.

Based on Clawson's presser last week, this was happening anyway.

Oh, no doubt the schools are already directly involved. If not, how can a kid at our local high school of which I know the situation fairly well already have roughly $250K guarantied NIL if he stays 4 years, and a place for his family to stay throughout the season (school is several hundred miles from here) if the school wasn't involved? Trust me, if I gave you his name almost 100% of you would not know he played HS football unless you googled him, i.e. at this point he has almost zero NIL value based on his "marketability". If he did a signing at our local Bojangles, I doubt many would show up (even though he is a great player and good kid; just not much of a "local celebrity" and zero regionally based on the position he plays and where he plans to go to school. If I was to guess, the school did not have a direct conversation with him about NIL per se, but said "if you're interested in NIL, we can't be involved but here's who to contact", and I'm sure the collective was expecting the call. Might as well rip the band aid off and let thee recruiters handle the thing on the front end.

Sat behind Natty Hatch at that game and exchanged an awkward high five at the end. I’ve never been amongst a more incredulous section of fans as that day.

I can't see us landing any QB transfers. Somebody looking to step up their quality of competition isn't going to come to Wake to run the slow mesh We have to stick with what we have and develop (or move on) accordingly.

We have an enviable WR room to throw to. Our last QB set ACC records.

I think the challenge is it’s not a system that is thought to really prepare guys for the NFL.

Dortch has turned into a serviceable NFL receiver. Right now though, there's a lot of weight on AT Perry's shoulders to show that Wake wide receivers are learning something transferrable to the NFL.

Yet both full time QBs who have left college out of Clawson’s system played in the NFL and CFL.

Back