• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the challenge is it’s not a system that is thought to really prepare guys for the NFL.
I was thinking about it last night when AJ Dillon was getting carries that it's hella annoying that Boston College has had way more notable position players in the NFL in the last few years between him and now Flowers.

I think the challenge is it’s not a system that is thought to really prepare guys for the NFL.

The “is thought” part is key. Maybe there’s some truth to our system being a limiting factor for going pro. But it’s not that cut and dry. Wolford is proof. But all the talk around Hartman wanting to go to a more “pro ready offense” at ND proves that perception is usually reality.

I can't see us landing any QB transfers. Somebody looking to step up their quality of competition isn't going to come to Wake to run the slow mesh We have to stick with what we have and develop (or move on) accordingly.
If I were Ruggero and Co., I would use the pitch that the last 3 QBs before this year all got paid to play football after Wake. I would also point out that they were all unheralded 3 stars until they came into this system, and the last guy broke the record for most TD passes in the ACC. With the right person, which I think is you kiddo, this offense hums and you can put up big numbers that will get the attention of the NFL. I would also say look at our receiving room and tell me where else could you find a cache of weapons like that. If you like throwing the deep ball to big WRs and a chance to play in the ACC, which lets be honest only has a couple good defenses right now, then Wake Forest could be the place for you.

I think this is a very strong pitch to a Group of 5 QB or someone who plays in a run-first offense.

The “is thought” part is key. Maybe there’s some truth to our system being a limiting factor for going pro. But it’s not that cut and dry. Wolford is proof. But all the talk around Hartman wanting to go to a more “pro ready offense” at ND proves that perception is usually reality.

Sam @ ND with 2 losses and 5-0 if at Wake. :(

College Football Trivia Question (no cheating):

What college football team has the longest active streak of winning seasons (this is based on the final record AFTER playing a bowl game)?

What Power V football team has the longest active streak of winning seasons?

The answers may or may not be the same.

Yes, Wisconsin is the Power V school with the longest active streak of winning seasons. 22 straight seasons.

Still need to overall leader.

I don't think it's Clemson, Alabama, or Georgia. they all had some hiccups in the past couple of decades.

College Football Trivia Question (no cheating):

What college football team has the longest active streak of winning seasons (this is based on the final record AFTER playing a bowl game)?

What Power V football team has the longest active streak of winning seasons?

The answers may or may not be the same.
App State?

App went 6-6 last year, and had a losing season in 2013. Also, they weren't an FBS team until 2014. This question just pertains to FBS seasons.

I think one of them is Wisconsin

Boise St?
giphy.gif

Boise State's streak is in jeopardy. They are currently 3-3

Back