• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odd part is that it looked like the injury occurred when was by himself getting up on the sidelines.
Looked to be a pretty forceful push leading into the somersault roll with a lot of momentum. Easy to me to see how he got hurt. It wasn’t like he was casually getting up when he hurt himself.

Farrell is a bitter angry man who got drummed out of rivals and is still looking for the respect he thinks he deserves.
And he is obviously thinking with a football where his brain should be. What has Penn Stare ever done in men's basketball? They belong in the Northeast conference for that.

Looked to be a pretty forceful push leading into the somersault roll with a lot of momentum. Easy to me to see how he got hurt. It wasn’t like he was casually getting up when he hurt himself.
Looked like he was trying for a quick pop back up and get on the field move. But, as you noted, he had a lot of momentum and his knee bending direction was not the direction of his momentum.

What does it say about NC State vis-a-vis Wake Forest if we have no chance to be relevant yet have been in two ACC title games in the last two decades plus two 10 win seasons while they haven't even appeared in an ACC title game and have 0 10 win seasons? I mean obviously the infrastructure and money exists for State to have better success than Wake, but that just hasn't been the case.

Pretty funny that Michigan has to go on the record and specifically state that they WERE NOT the school being accused of the allegation....

What does it say about NC State vis-a-vis Wake Forest if we have no chance to be relevant yet have been in two ACC title games in the last two decades plus two 10 win seasons while they haven't even appeared in an ACC title game and have 0 10 win seasons? I mean obviously the infrastructure and money exists for State to have better success than Wake, but that just hasn't been the case.

NCSU with its resources, alumni base, dollars and facilities has always been an enigma. Much like us and others, it seems some schools either can't get out of their own way or are just pre-destined to certain outcomes.

For example, when we were about to go up 20-7 on Clemson in 2006, I told my brother the only way we could lose the game is if Clemson blocked the FG and ran it all the way back. It's stuff that almost raises the hair on your arms but it's also so damn predictable.

Dolts just assume they’re a better program than us

It sure is fun to ruin their great seasons

I do think it’s funny that the Big 10 has the most current schools in the irrelevant category yet we get told all the time how relevant they are for some reason.
The way he describes the tiers, you should probably move all the big ten teams from tier 4 into tier 3, except maybe Indiana.

There is never a good reason to root for Missouri.
I am bc a) fuck Ohio State and b) my coworker is a Mizzou alum and she’s there – her husband went to Wake and they have season tickets. They also have a Mizzou/Wake divided flag which actually came in handy last season.

Until listening to the radio this morning, I had no idea that Michigan only has two national championships since the poll era began (1936). The first of these was in 1948 and then, of course, they shared the title in 1997 with Nebraska.

Other teams who have had as many or more national championships during the poll era include: Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Army, Oklahoma, Michigan St., Auburn, LSU, Southern Cal., Texas, Nebraska, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Penn St., Miami, FSU, Tennessee, LSU, and Florida. I might have missed a couple, and I'm sure someone could quibble about a few of those natties, but the point remains: Michigan isn't special.

I guess this was surprising to me because I didn't realize so much of Michigan's reputation is built on what it did 100+ years ago. Being the winningest program in a sport's history is noteworthy, but I don't understand why they get treated like such a sacred cow.

Does Ohio State not even have a third string quarterback ?
Not today. Starter transferred. Backup promoted to starter true freshman to backup. Now playing because other guy got hurt. "Air" Noland arrives soon.

Back