• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoy FSU's suffering as they trash our conference while ignoring their own failures, but it's really weird to see an undefeated P5 team take the field in a meaningless bowl game. Pretty fucked up.

The ref doing coin toss with more salt in the wounds calling it the rose bowl. You can't make this joke up!!! lol!

I enjoy FSU's suffering as they trash our conference while ignoring their own failures, but it's really weird to see an undefeated P5 team take the field in a meaningless bowl game. Pretty fucked up.
2004 Sugar bowl undefeated Auburn beats West Virginia.

Auburn didn’t throw a tantrum and try and leave the conference though.

2004 Sugar bowl undefeated Auburn beats West Virginia.

Auburn didn’t throw a tantrum and try and leave the conference though.
I mean, comparing pre-playoff to post-playoff eras only works if they wouldn't have been considered top 4. Same with GaTech in 1990 really.

Now half the team opts out so the game and the outcome are both meaningless instead of just the outcome. In the NIL era they're going to have to start doing bowl game bonuses for starters. Like $200k for each starting position or something.

I mean, comparing pre-playoff to post-playoff eras only works if they wouldn't have been considered top 4. Same with GaTech in 1990 really.

Now half the team opts out so the game and the outcome are both meaningless instead of just the outcome. In the NIL era they're going to have to start doing bowl game bonuses for starters. Like $200k for each starting position or something.
In 1990 there was no championship game. In 2004 Auburn despite winning the SEC wasn’t considered worthy of playing in the championship. It was once top 2 teams then it was top 4 and soon it will be top 12. Next year #13 is probably gonna have a gripe. This isn’t new, just how big the tantrum is.

Norvell sounds like a guy being sent back to his prison cell.

Why do the Sugar and Rose Bowls always get the same time slots but the other NY6 can be moved to any day or time

Last year’s Sugar Bowl was on NYE at 12:00. The Rose Bowl is the only one that is always at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do the Sugar and Rose Bowls always get the same time slots but the other NY6 can be moved to any day or time
Tradition!

The Rose was threatening to remove themselves from the NY6/new playoff structure if they couldn't keep their 2pm PT time slot (of course, now the Pac-12 is dead, so jokes on them I guess 🤷‍♂️).

The SEC and Big 12 signed a "champions bowl" agreement for that 8:30pm time slot on NYD about 10-12 years ago, and then went out and bid it out to various bowls (could have easily been the Cotton Bowl in that slot if they had ponied up). Of course, then they went and neutered the Big 12 by stealing their 2 biggest brands.

Now that the playoff is 12 teams, the Rose Bowl will be played as a semi-final every 3rd year around Jan. 8th-10th, so I guess the CFP finally had enough leverage to get them to stand down going forward.

I know you all don’t want to hear it, but Georgia is playing a lot of underclassmen in this game too.

Last year’s Sugar Bowl was on NYE at 12:00. The Rose Bowl is the only one that is always at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, with the way the calendar fell, the NFL decided to take the slot after the Rose Bowl last year (the Damar Hamlin game), so they also have the clout to set their schedule and have CFB work around them.

I actually feel bad for FSU. I don’t like them right now but I couldn’t root for a school like Georgia or really any SEC football factory if my life depended on it.

I actually feel bad for FSU. I don’t like them right now but I couldn’t root for a school like Georgia or really any SEC football factory if my life depended on it.
Easiest money ever won. Just glad I chose to play golf instead of go or watch.

Back