• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we could bottle it, we could run entire cities off the misguided hate of tigerswood and bifftannen.

Harbaugh's quirky, but he consistently makes everything about other people rather than about him. He is always looking to shine a spotlight on his players and assistant coaches.

Never know how a person's public persona matches how they are away from the crowds, but the weird thing about the Harbaughs is that John seems to possess very different personality traits, than Jim. Maybe that's because he wasn't the same level HS, college and pro athlete that Jim was. FWIW, their sister is married to former Marquette, IU and UGA hoop coach Tom Crean:

CREAN-superJumbo.jpg

If we could bottle it, we could run entire cities off the misguided hate of tigerswood and bifftannen.

Harbaugh's quirky, but he consistently makes everything about other people rather than about him. He is always looking to shine a spotlight on his players and assistant coaches.
assistant coaches, eh

He’s shining that spotlight so they take the blame for wrongdoing and he can feign ignorance.

That's not quirky that's bat shit crazy. If my 80 yr old mother with a history of delirium said the shit Harbaugh does we'd take her in figuring she was having another episode.

it's pretty crazy how much jim's dad looks exactly like you'd imagine jim will look in 30 years

Being a dickhead is not "quirky."

If millions of people came to the same conclusion and think someone is a shitty weirdo then most likely that person is a shitty weirdo. Those that don’t are just weird Harbaugh simps.

yeah at this point it's like duke fans defending K. sure, he got you a title and he's a great coach. doesn't mean he's not a giant asshole/weirdo/cheater that most other fans hate.

One man's "quirky" is another man's "repeat cheater who refuses to take responsibility for his/his team's flagrant cheating violations, in fact lying and saying he and his team are innocent, and teaching his players to refuse to take responsibility for their actions, while feigning devout Christianity and hiding behind it."

And the first man is in a cult.

yeah at this point it's like duke fans defending K. sure, he got you a title and he's a great coach. doesn't mean he's not a giant asshole/weirdo/cheater that most other fans hate.
I was listening to the college sports station on XM Sunday and Rick Neuheisel was talking about coaching against Harbaugh when he was at UCLA and Harbaugh at Stanford. He said the first year UCLA won in a close game and Harbaugh shook his hand and was off in a flash. The next year Stanford won in a close game, Neuheisel said Harbaugh ran out to mid-field to shake his hand and all he said was "How you like that Ricky." Neuheisel said he was so stunned at that exchange he just stood there for a few seconds before he really realized what had happened, then got pissed off and by then Harbaugh was already gone, so he couldn't say anything back to him. I'm just glad we beat his Stanford team he brought here during Grobe's tenure.

i'll never forget that once as a kid i was playing madden 97 on my sega genesis as the colts and out of nowhere my dad said he didn't like jim harbaugh because he was "a jerk." i still remember that so vividly because it was such an out of character thing for him to just say randomly. but i guess that's what jim harbaugh does to you.

To be fair to MichDeac25 he did a spectacular job this year making sure that even non-assistant coaches like Connor Stallions got the spotlight!

It's been fun defending Michigan and Harbaugh against all your mistaken and ill-informed takes. You're going to be pretty disappointed when not much comes from the "biggest cheating scandal in the history of sports" because nothing about this one-man scenario ever fit that theme. And if you maintain that Harbaugh is a dick, you're not paying attention to how he interacts with his team.

But to be honest, the only thing as far as a college team winning a championship that could trump this for me is Wake winning a championship. And I'm looking forward to putting aside Michigan football, getting back to my biggest college sports passion - Wake Hoops, and discussing the Deacs with the rest of you.

Back